View Single Post

NJMP poll - July 27-28
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default NJMP poll - July 27-28

Did you guys see the email yet? What do you think about it?

It seemed like it was committing you to cancel your registered day. I was confused by the wording of the "no" response so I called TPM. They said if the majority says yes, they'll probably add the 4th group and give those who said "no" an opportunity to get a refund if they wanted to really cancel.

My other question was about what was the 4th group going to be. I was told that it will be a "yellow group" which will be a mix of both red and white group riders.

I thought these were 2 key pieces of information that was left out of the poll.

I'm personally OK with the 4 groups but it seems unfair to the ppl who signed up and paid months ago who will now have less track time. And I'm a little concerned about the red/white mixed group. It seems to me it would be safe to mix red and blue groups together.

Concerning the upcoming July 25 – 27 New Jersey Motorsports Track Events.

Dear Member,

Many of you who are registered have been waiting anxiously so long for this track to become a reality. Its been years of talk and know finally we are about to get a world class race track facility almost in our back yards! The registration has been extremely aggressive and now many friends have been placed in our wait list as our primary riding groups are now full. As we have done in past, we have felt to take these riders in and open a fourth group of riding. For multiple reasons this works for the club and those waiting rejoice in that they too can participate.

Now, the fact is that a quality track day is still in order, and yes, we do understand there is a bit more patience needed between sessions. We understand how we all would like to be a bit selfish and not allow the other group. But I would like to point out that when you yourself are placed on the wait list (and we see this all the time) and you really want to ride bad, somehow it seems ok and even a welcome addition for us to create the fourth group so that you can now ride.

We are now considering the idea of adding a fourth riding group to the July weekend event at NJMP. Some of you consider that the addition of a fourth group is made solely for financial reasons. While it is true this generates additional revenue and helps offset the high cost of putting together track days, it is not as clear cut as some might think. We get calls every single day from those members asking to please find them space to participate by "squeezing them in," "changing their skill group," or opening another group; and many of these riders are friends of someone like yourself who has made it into the event. Honestly, having to constantly say no and disappoint people can be discouraging if not down right depressing......

So please, we ask YOU to HELP us MAKE the DECISION. Tell us what YOU THINK, and want us to do on this issue.

If you say:

Yes – its ok to add the fourth riding group and I will stay and participate

Or

NO – its not ok for a fourth group at NJMP. If you add a fourth group, I would like a credit or refund on my weekend.

Again, we appreciate your participation and hopefully would like everyone to have fun with us all at the tracks!

YOUR feedback on this issue is VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE, respond with comments ASAP.

Marc Frank
Director of Operations
Team Pro-Motion, Inc
www.teampromotion.com
215-675-6677
HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO!

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t