View Single Post

Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
suzis_date
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to suzis_date

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
Bob is on point as always, that issue was never questioned, at least not by me.

I've been riding for over 10 years on and off the street and if I had your mentality I would've quit riding years ago. Most of us know skill and experience only go so far, unless someone's capable of controlling the actions of all other beings and objects in their path of travel, and if that's the case I'd love to meet that person, otherwise you're in danger from the moment you throw a leg over and that danger most certainly can include near death experiences.

Things can go terribly wrong due to a get off causing you to lose your life, and just because it supposedly hasn't happened to you doesn't mean the situation can't exist for thousands of others. You don't have to go down at mach 2 for such a situation to occur, and I shouldn't have to provide further examples for you because I'm sure you can reflect on serious situations you've avoided, hence possible "near death", situations over the years, however your opinion of them might vary to support your statements.

No rider can ever predict the possible post danger level of any predetermined situation until they executed a decision and experienced the aftermath, and if you can then you must be that special guy I mentioned in my first paragraph...so yes, it is, "part of the deal".
Non of us are omnipotent, so everything we do is potentially life threatning. You can be taken out just walking down the street kid. For real.

I ride to fill in the gaps inbetween snowboarding seasons.....