View Single Post

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
actually...i said that i was bummed about my next track day being in may.....you said that some people can't walk and what was i worried about.....

what a dickhead thing to say

Maybe you misinterpreted it. For me I have many other things to worry about and take for granted in my life other than it being the last track day of the season. I understand how you feel completely and I know it sucks but I feel personally there are other things to be worried about, maybe not for you but for me there are. Being on crutches for 6 weeks really made me appreciate being able to just walk normally and that in my crash I was not injured any worse than a broken foot. It really puts things in perspective when you can't drive, or even walk up stairs to get to your fridge to grab a drink.

When I go to the track I treat it as if its my last day there because for all I know it very well may be. We all know this is a very dangerous sport, accidents happen whether you control them or not. And it's not just personal injury reasons that makes me think this way but in my situation I have financial, mechanical and mental reasons as well. Thats why I always ride to the end of the day so as long as I'm not hurt. Whethers its raining snowing hailing I ride the till the last session so I can take for granted the whole day.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Last edited by Kennedy; 10-17-2007 at 11:45 PM..