View Single Post

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #45
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409 View Post
So how was it riding that thing?
It must feel insanely different from riding the TLR.
How does it hold its own against the 600 4 strokes, power-wise?
I completely loved riding it. Took a little getting used to but it was definitely lots of fun giving the larger bikes a run for their money. Guys that would walk me on the straight with a liter bike would only have me pass them again at the end of that straight in the turn. The TZ gives a good rider lots of other passing options in turns due to its light weight. I would like to get more saddle time and work on just that. Sometimes I get a little squirrelly on the TZ because its so small, only cure for that is to ride it some more.
It has lots to do with the layout of the track and Shenandoah allows a 2 stroke to give the 600 and 1000cc bikes something to contend with. I am sure some fellas out there did not expect such a little bike to have such a good run on the straights either.
Another note, I spent the better part of the weekend riding the TZ and loving it, the flip side was that it did not last both days. A water leak ended my weekend with the TZ, overheated it and I have to tear down the top end to have a look inside.
I expect that I may have warped the barrel on one cylinder and I need to make a swap and replace the top end.
The difference became apparent when I pulled out the TLR and rode that in the afternoon on Sunday, the TLR felt like a freight train on that track.
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain