View Single Post

new springs and valves?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default new springs and valves?

so i'm thinking about getting new springs for my forks and rear. i had defan tune my suspension last time i was at beaver. i would've gone up to wcw but i just didn't have time to make the 2.5 hr trek up there from my house in south bumble fack jersey. anyways, defan tells me that i should consider getting my springs and valves done because my current setup is as good as it's gonna get. i dunno, it seemed ok to me.

honestly, i'm not sure i noticed much of a difference even after he did his thing with my bike. the suspension was previously tuned by wcw about 1 year prior. that time, i noticed a big difference, esp while cornering. so defan recommends new springs and valves which will cost me about 600.

but, i've got a local friend who's says he'll put on new racetech front springs and rear shock for 300 total, including all labor. seems like a great deal to me, but i wonder if i really need it. how do i know for sure? what are the signs for doing something like this upgrade?

i don't doubt that either of these mods will improve my bike's handling, but will it be so much that i'll notice a difference?

what are some signs i should be noticing to know i should seriously consider new springs or new springs/valves?

if it's not going to make much difference, i'd rather spend that 300 on a couple more trackdays or a new set of tires, which i'm going to need soon.

hopefully some of you experienced track junkies can help me clear some of this up. help!!!

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t