Thread: penguin
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914 View Post
so i have this tasty opportunity presented to me. Guy in New Hampshire i know is offering me his 748R to do the Penguin School at Louden, Whos done this class, seems like a no brainer since i wont have to hump my 749 up there, cant imagine i'll be that quick, 1st time on that track 1st time on that bike but hmmmm, sounds fun none-the less.

http://www.penguinracing.com/

I took the Penguin school back in 1995 and it was a good class. But make no mistake, this is a class for you to get your roadracing license and really nothing else. The class covers flags, starting procedures, correct lines and track etiquette. The on track sessions more or less show you the lines arounf NHIS. At some points in the on track sessions, you stop in some corners and watch the advanced group ride (so you get a real time idea on the lines). Once the school is over, there is an open practice from 2 or 3 until around 6. You'll get some good track time but it's not really like a TPM or NESBA track day.....just about everybody is there trying to get their racing license.

Good luck and enjoy it.

njracer