View Single Post

Old 06-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #8
Gigantic
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Gigantic Send a message via Yahoo to Gigantic

here's what a friend of mine, who happens to be the 2nd largest Michelin distributor in the US had to say on this issue:
Quote:
Originally posted by STT Guy
I'm at GingerMan riding the sh#t out of a set of those right now and did so at Mid-Ohio last Satuday.

Michelin made the recall because there is a potential problem on a limited batch number. Kudo's to the leading perfomance brand in the world for having in-house QA systems in place to uncover a potential problem and for erring on the side of caution and safety. This type of a campaign isn't cheap.

A few years ago Dunlop had 180/55 208's coming apart left and right (I personally saw well over a dozen) and they claimed there was no problem.

Your local dealers cannot currently exchange the tire for you because this situation is barely 24 hours old and Michelin needs to establish exchange protocol and distribute replacement product.

According to MNA, mounting and balancing will be included and the tire will need to be carried into a local Michelin dealer with replacemt inventory.

NOTE: MNA did not say to cease riding with the tire. As always, properly inflate you tire and inspect it frequently.
TPM Coach #108
TPM Social Media Marketing Director
Team Pro-Motion TrackdayMag.com Celtic Racing Chicken Hawk Racing Rebel Girl Racing