View Single Post

Woot! Theft Recovery!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Duff750
Short Shifter

Send a message via Skype™ to Duff750
Default Woot! Theft Recovery!

So there I was...mindin my own business, cleanin out the inside of my truck...and here comes the wife rushing out the door saying "WE'VE GOTTA GO!" My first thoughts were her dad got taken to the emergency room, so I quickly ask "WHAT'S WRONG". She replies with "THEY FOUND MY STOLEN BIKE!" The cops give us an address of the location that we need to meet them at, so I come in and google the directions and off we go. Initially on the phone the cop told Kristen that the bike was still in good condition it just didn't run. So we arrive at said location and see the cop sitting in front of the house in her patrol car, glance ahead and to the left a bit and there it sits...but not in the condition she explained on the phone. The guy who had it apparently bought it off of a guy in a Hooters parking lot What the F*** and the seller said he couldn't find the title so he would give a bill of sale and a title 42 could be performed. The buyer goes ahead and buys the bike and runs the tags, tags are clean, he tries to register the bike, VIN runs stolen...the police call him and notify him that it's a stolen bike and it's no longer his. We didn't actually get to meet the buyer, not too sure if he was even at the house...but the cop told us to load up the bike and take it home (which seemed kinda strange since it actually belongs to the insurance company). So we load up the bike and take it home...About a half hour later we get a call from the theft recovery department and they tell us the on scene officer didn't have a clue what she was talking about, the bike actually needed to be returned to the insurance company...which we had planned on calling them tomorrow and doing so anyway so we can see about buying it back and making a track bike out of it. The good news is, the police think they're going to be able to trace it back to the original theft pretty quickly. They already have the seller's information from the buyer, and supposedly already have the seller detained. Not long before we find out who the dirty pile of shit son of a bitch is! And supposedly if we call the theft recovery department, they quite freely give that information out to the original owner of the vehicle... And you can damn sure count on me posting up and telling everyone I know who this son of a bitch was!

Anyway, we took some pictures of it, all you GSXR lovers out there are going to be in tears