Thread: GPS Units
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #21
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Thats not too bad, I see soem sites still advertising it for a grand, but if you looked around its out there for around 6 or 7. I am hoping it comes down a bit more by yhte time I am ready to get one.

Tom
yea, i got it on pre order and i didn't see it anywhere for lower. i can't believe some places are still charging RETAIL for it online! wtf.

about the routing, you can do it anytime. i assume they have these features: you can browse a map and point to where you want to go, you can search by intersection, and you can search by specific addresses, as well as selecting from a "recently found" list and your "favorites" list which are places you've saved. can yon select destinations by a route you plotted ahead of time. i'm not sure if you can plot a specific route on the unit (i've never tried to either).

i think it's got pretty much every option you can ask for in a gps. the updates and maps are free. it's got blue tooth. it's got an external SD card slot. you can play mp3s on it and get directions, it's supposed to pause the music when it gives directions (i haven't tried using this feature since i don't really listen to music).

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t