View Single Post

Old 04-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I believe that those QUALIFIED AND MATURE ENOUGH to carry should be allowed to carry on campus. There are alot of people even older than college students who I would NEVER trust with a weapon of any sorts.

I just posted those articles to show that this atrocities could have been prevented if they passed this legislation just a year earlier to allow people to carry on campus.....ironic.
The problem with that is there is no metric out there that measures how mature people are. Sure your can make sure people are qualified to carry but how do you measure maturity? Do you make any person that owns a firearm also take a psychiatric evaluation in order to carry? Also, what's to stop people that are legally able to own a firearm from walking around with it despite not having a concealed weapon license.

I'm not for gun control at all. I wish the US went the way of Switzerland but I just don't think it would work here at all.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code