Thread: Summit Report
View Single Post

Summit Report
Old 04-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Mack
Washes njf4i's Back With a Pink Loofa

Send a message via AIM to Mack
Default Summit Report

Ok well some of you have seen that i'm out for beaver next week and have asked why. Well Summit on Monday did not go to well. The morning was wet which was good I was working on my lines and taking it easy. Was feeling pretty go nothing great was making some decent passes and what not but not pushing it at all. Dryed up late morning and I started to move faster around the track. The concrete patches were a little unnerving but they became a nonconcern after a while. Turns 1 to 4 were great loved them and was passing some people through them. 5 through 8 were slow but typically were catching people through the area and hitting most of my lines. Turns 8 and 9 were great no problems. 10 was giving me trouble all day. I don't know what it was it's just a fast sweeping right hander but I couldn't get it all day.

Well 7th session of the day I pushed it into 10 and I apexed early and hit the gator strips (running top end of 3rd going into the turn shifting into 4th coming out of it). Well I lost the front end and rear as soon as I hit the gator...slide across the track with my leg under the bike. Really sucked. Hit the gravel pit and tumbled a little while. The bike slide on it's right side and flipped to the left when it hit the pit. Overall I'm pretty banged up. My right leg is bruised from my hip to mid calf....my right shoulder has some rash were a seam ripped in my suit...and my right little toe is rashed where my sidi's ripped. Overall for as fast as I was going I'm lucky I didn't break anything.

This crash has brough me to the point that I'm stepping back for a little while. I'm doing too many things wrong out there and trying to push beyond my current skill level. My basics are off and I need to correct that before I try going faster again. So I'm taking at least a couple months off. Putting the bike back together (it's not too bad actually...plastics, sliders, right side controls, and an exhaust) then headed to a race school. After the school I'll be back at TPM and getting a lot of PT. I want to be fast but can't keep wrecking and I know it's my basics. Well that's the story....if anyone can suggest a good race school let me know.

oh yeah I'll post up some pics sometime soon.