View Single Post

Old 07-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
neebelung
Tank Slapper

Send a message via Yahoo to neebelung
Thumbs up

Hmmm... I dunno, I can see both sides of this one. On the one hand, a person's car is about their only "safe haven" in which they aren't bothering anyone else (in theory, anyway).... Hence, those bumper stickers that read, "At least I can still smoke in my car."

However, I do suppose there are many effects of that person seemingly innocently smoking in their own car.... like the ashes/embers they casually "tap" out the window... or the burning butt they flick out with the same nonchalance (which could hit a motorcyclist, fly into the open window of another car, or start a fire).... and then there's the litter of all of those tossed butts....... not to mention the distraction-factor posed by the smoking driver (looking for their lighter, driving with only one hand, and what if they drop the lit cig into their lap while they drive? Talk about a hazard on wheels!)

Ok, the more I think about it, the more I'm on board for this legislation! It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here......