View Single Post

Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #13
Cecil
Learner's Permit

Of course of you're on 17 mile drive you have to check out Carmel. What a whacky and unique place. We decided to check out homes for sale and drove around a good portion of the place. Very narrow streets and nice ocean front views. No two homes are the same and most are incredibly unique. As they should be for a minimum $8.5 million for 3000 sq. ft. There were 6000 sq. ft. mansions on 17 mile drive which were a relative bargain at 7.5 million. Carmel must be the place to be! Lots of houses for sale too. Bubble bursting?

This place was incredibly unique. My favorite house that we saw. With this house, you too can live like a hobbit.

Too cool that roof is.

We ended up taking Skyline drive back up to San Francisco because of traffic. It was a much better drive than the fog covered highway 1. We knew we made the right decision when we saw the fog cover from way up on the ridge. The Redwoods are totally awesome. We passed Alice's Restaurant and drove all the way into 280. 84 to 35 to 92 to 280 and up to Pier 39 in San Fran. A quick dinner on the pier and we caught our plane back to Philly.

Upon exiting the airport all I could muster is a, "eeeeYUCK!" Philadelphia is disgusting compared to San Fran. It's only 86 degrees here but so muggy that it's infinitely more uncomfortable than 105 in Sacramento.

California, what a whacky place it is. coming off the mountain on 35 I watched the temperature decrease 1 degree every 100ft. It's the exact opposite of the Northeast. We go up in the mountains and it gets cooler. Over there you go up and it gets hotter. A LOT hotter. Went from 98 degrees on top of Skyline to 68 degrees at the bottom in about 5 minutes and a couple of miles. And it was downright cold on pier 39 or 38 or whatever it was.

Good trip. Good friends. Good time.