View Single Post

Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh
Hey Ronin, me and Joe were in that big red SUV with the SBA decal on the back....did we wave you by on 28 in late afternoon? If I remember correctly it was your group on Monday evening. We saw ya coming

We were there from the 7th-12th and had great weather. Met a lot of great people and had a great time riding the surrounding roads like 143, Cherahola, 28, the Dragon, Nanthala Gorge, 1310 Wayah Road in thru Franklin, etc. We have yet to post pics because we're lazy

Sorry to hear about the rider who lost his life on the Dragon. What a horrible way to start your convention.

Thanks for sharing your pics and we'll be sure to get ours up soon!
yea, that was us! can't believe you remember.

it was a sad day when i heard one of our members died on the dragon. i didn't know the guy personally, but i heard from everyone that he was a great guy. i was too exhausted from one of the day's riding that i passed out and missed dinner/drinks the night when k_flexx arrived at fontana, so i never met him. he died the next morning. i think it was thursday morning. the gap was very quiet this day. a group of us decided to go back to fontana and go swimming instead and just chill out the rest of the day.

the only other major incident was earlier in the week, one of the guys lowsided into a guard rail on the skyway. going back to the gap, it's a few turns after the "SLO" sign painted on the road. That got me to relax a bit because I was starting ot get tired.. a few turns later, I came upon this..

Thankfully, he survived with a broken pelvis. I heard he is recovering nicely.

Get on it and post your pics!!

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t