View Single Post

Old 07-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz
If they updated the 250's style we wouldn't even need threads like these. The 250 is a great starter bike but just looks lame as hell. When I rode one I was pretty new to sportbikes as well and it had plenty of power and handling for what I needed (except for being able to keep up with my buddy on his 900). I wish people would ride them for at least 2 years before jumping on anything else.
But if Kawi modernized that bike's styling/body panels and fuel management the extremely reasonable price of $3,000 would be history. However they did update the decals this year in keeping with the style/form that the big boys have for '06 and the bike is a bit more appealing to the eye.

Kawi's doing the right thing in keeping the cost down on that bike because they know it's an excellent starter model, and for that price it's the best bang for the buck hands down for a new ride.

Agreed that too many people underestimate that bike's potential even in stock form. They should be able to throw that thing around in the twisties with ease before ever thinking about bumping up to anything else.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'