Thread: liter bikes
View Single Post

Old 06-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #43
5wytchBh4kk
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDragon
I agree with you. The manufacturers also know what they're doing. I wish Yamaha would make the R6 (or at least the R6s) look like the R1. I have a thing for aesthetics. I like to look good even if I'm going 15mph.

as much as I like the CBR600RR, with the underseat exhaust, it's still missing that something that the R1 has. The CBR has the brake light angled in, and then the exhaust sticks out again, that bothers the hell out of me!
my f4i has more than enough power with all the work done to it, but once i rode my friends r1 there was no looking back. the balance of torque, high end power and handling blew away my 600. yeah, you dont need it, but then again all you really need is air food and water lol.

i agree that yamaha has the most cutting edge styling on their machines, almost ahead of its time, but very tasteful. the lines flow well. no weird perpendicular angles like on some hondas. what about the new r6?

pretty close to the new r1 minus undertail pipes. the new r1 gives you worse swamp ass than the 600rr, although it runs cooler it has 2 pipes versus 1.

new r1s are dead up to 4-5000 rpms. theyve been regeared from 02-03s. you shouldnt have a problem handling the power as it comes on. its pretty smooth. try asking someone who has made the switch to the bike, they'll probably tell you the same thing. unless you actually rode one its all speculation. do you know anyone personally who owns one and would let you try it?

Last edited by 5wytchBh4kk; 06-05-2006 at 11:50 AM..