View Single Post

Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #33
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

Being brothers and all, Saxon and I know each others war stories, but for the rest of you:

1) Nov 25,2005... heading to work, going arpound a sweeping r-hander, a car pulls out in front of me and then hits the brakes, taking away my braking zone for already stopped traffic. Tagged that f#cker in the ass, catapulted through the rear window far enough to hit the back of the drivers seat with my helmet , then back out on to the ground. His car >>> $400.00+ damage. My bike >>> Totalled. Me.... pulverized left wrist, pin in my hand and pin in my elbow to stretch it out so all bone fragments will fall back into place. Both thighs bruised completely to the bone being they turned my drag bars into a complete "U".

2) July 1990, After spending 1yr,2wks redoing my prized possession, the bike and I were taken out by a girl not paying attention. She turned left into me, catapulting me 40+ feet through the air to end up in the center of Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown, a 4 lane road. The bike was completely totalled, only 15 minutes after it's completetion. Me.... Knocked out cold, road rash from knuckles to shoulder. If not for my new shoei helmet, my lower jaw would have been broken. She hit me so hard that the bike flew over the hood of another car approaching the 3 way I was passing thru and almost went through the girls windshield.

3) Nov 6&7 2005 , on my way to VIR for a Cornerspeed Track Day, Sun nite @ 6:00 pm, 500 mls. from home in Bedford VA, I hit a deer with my truck,rendering it undriveable. Get trailer towed to Danville VA @2;00 AM,where we are met by my bro. in law the next morning with my wifes Tahoe. Hotel... no hot water, so with 2 1/2 HRS. sleep and a cold shower, we go to the track. First session, I was riding awesome. Passed everyone in my group atleast once. Second session, 1/2 way thru the session, I had just passed the last 2 guys in my group, try to dice it with an instuctor. 1/2 way thru turn 1 ,on the gas, l low side it. No injuries, only rash on fairings and 2 broken throttle cables.

I have also hit 3 different deer, lost the front end on a painted line in the rain, Hit a stopped car while racing someone up through Sparta. All netted minor personal injuries at most and minor damage to bikes at most.

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Last edited by SPRHK; 05-19-2006 at 10:18 PM..