Thread: first track day
View Single Post

first track day
Old 07-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
benellis
Burnout

Default first track day

new to the site. Started riding a year ago and fell in love right off the bat. I quickly realized it wasn't like riding a pedal bike and that there is a lot of skill that goes into it. I want to be a good rider, anyone can jump on a bike and take it for a spin, but I have the desire to do more than that. Got hooked up with Team Pro-Motion through Omar at Monmouth cycles, and really went on a spending spree to get all the gear and means of getting to the track. Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy, but after doing my first track day, I knew I found something awesome, something I wish I could share with everyone. My mom came along, I wished she could be on the bike too.
I really felt comfortable from the start. The people in the club, riders and coaches, were all friendly and quite professional. I knew I was going to have a blast. The way Team Pro-Motion is set up, I wasn't nervous getting on the track. ART Basic was cool, no pressure, and actually fun, until the first of the white group guys blew past us at 150 mph! As the day went, the fun level kept rising. The first session us Basic students had without coach Sink was pretty much a free for all. Everyone was just going for it. Bunching up in the turns and riding on top of eachother, I'm glad it got better throughout the day. Coach Sink and Coach Gallo really helped me on my technique and thought process, and I can say with confidence that I am truly a better, smoother, smarter rider today because of that. I can't wait to practice again at my next track day!