View Single Post

Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #35
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopix
I got talked to about that later. No point in arguing. Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir.

I was told I'd be no faster on a faster bike and it's pretty much true. I only managed to get a couple of seconds faster on the 750 than my best times on my SV. I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

If I can get the brake thing figured out on the 750-
LOL. ok, so that was you right in front of me getting black flagged while I was out there doing the coaching thing. You pretty much got flagged because of someone elses tendecy to hit you, not your tendency to hit them. But no big deal. We've all gotten the flag before.

Your brakes sound like they have air in them and were not properly bled. I suggest a vacumn pump/bleeder. Cheap and they make things really easy. And that pint of Motul will last a LONG time. But brake fade was an issue nonetheless. I still have the stock lines with stock fluid since I bought the bike new in April(dont ask why. fixing that after this weekend) But after being out there for about 10 sessions straight my lever was all mushy but still consistent. If they went after two laps it means you probably have air in there.

It's partially up to you to ask to be moved to another group. If I would have seen you out there running 1:31's I would have moved you right up after about 2 or 3 laps. I helped several people move out of the white group Sunday. At 1:31 you would more than likely of had to have been passing me since at coach speed I was like 1:35-1:38 since I was working with and looking for people. Next time start by asking a coach for some evaluation. It's as simple as saying , can you follow me for a lap or two? You will be much more comfortable in the Red group if you are picking up the pace. Then once you get to the point where you are lapping people in the red group and are continually passing a majority of the field it is time to move to Blue. But that requires dicing it up with 2 coaches since it takes two of us to sign off on the bump form to move a ride to the Blue group.

Bigger bikes don't equal faster speeds. I have seen guys on ex 500's dust people riding liter class bikes by seconds. It's all about being smooth, line choice and throttle control. But that RS 250 is a blast. I would love to have a bike like that. Those just corner like they are on rails. And they smoke!
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *