View Single Post

Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
I'm just curious to know why you're killing yourself paying for these high-priced items when you do this as a hobby? If you were trying to reach pro status then I'd somewhat understand. If a brake lever system costs that much the thing should be made of titanium. :uh:
Do some research on aftermarket master cylinders and some of them make Brembo look like budget solution. I did not buy the AP unit, it was on the bike when I got it.

You may have never looked at the function of the MC or how changing it effects braking performance, I have. From squeezing the original 14mm piston on the TLS's master so hard it would touch the bar to the 5/8" master taken off a TLR that aided immensely with braking performance to the radial 3/4" GSXR unit (Nissin) that offers a great deal more feel and power. My brakes have continually been upgraded over time; the master cylinder is something that can not be overlooked when making those changes.

This MC will be on the TLR... A track specific bike. I'd like to think that braking isn't going to be a problem when slowing from 155+ into T1 at Summit.

BTW... Who said I was killing myself paying for these things?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.