View Single Post

Old 11-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Ouch, I'd have learned on something used first, but since she has it...
Diamond Powersports makes a lowering link. PM CBRBob, he knows more about it. You'll have to shorten the sidestand as well.
Exactly.Tip toes are enough for an experienced rider to handle but why did you get a fairly new rider such a radical bike? Anyway, raise the forks 10mm and install the lowering link to the higher of the 2 settings. The lower will have the wheel bottoming out on bumps. The higher will lower it 1.25in, that's enough. You will have to shorten the sidestand by 1.5 inches as well. It can be sectioned between the spring tab and the heel post and then rewelded, perhaps with a steel slug inside for strength(see pic). There is NOTHING to scoop out on the seat and it is about as narrow a seat on a sportbike as there is. Lowering this way is about the only option. Remember physical height is not the factor, inseam is. I am 5'11" and am on my tiptoes on my XX. The other thing you can have her do is keep her foot on the brake and put her left foot flat on the ground, she should have learned that at the MSF class she took. Good luck! Hope this helps! :wave2:
Click Here for Lowering Links
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rrstand.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1582  
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils