View Single Post

Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409 View Post
The F4i won bike of the year so many times, but for a dedicated track bike you will find it has it's limits.
The clip on's are hard to mount under the tripples, and it is super hard to find used race parts for them because no one really raced them.. The Suzuki on the other hand, is a much better choice for track days just based on the huge amount of used race parts available all over the place.
yea, i'm gearing more towards of replacing the f4i. Now to the question of what to replace it with. I'm always a honda guy and was about to pickup an 07 600rr for 4200 with 12k. Track plastics only with stock exhaust. No stock parts (i.e., headlights, tail, oem fairings) A decent deal for just a track bike. But i figured i'd at least want the option to ride on the street so i know i would of spent around $800 to be able to bring the bike back to street legal.

but the 06 gsxr i just picked up was a decent price (which was why i picked it up). It's white and silver with 6k on the odometer. Fairings were scratched a lil, but no biggy and a 3/4 yoshi exhaust. Prob be able to sell it for a small profit. But i'm not sure if i'm 100% happy with the bike. Tires are shot so i'm not sure if thats why it felt weird when i was trying to turn the gsxr (could be the stabilizer). Rode my buddies 07 600rr and didn't feel like that with his steering stabilizer. Am i being too picky and being biased about not getting a honda again? My guess is that you guys have a preference on what bikes to ride. Do you guys stick with the same brand of bikes?