Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rules (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9012)

CBRBob 04-21-2009 11:10 PM

Rules

to follow or NOT....

69.4 Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.

pillaka 04-21-2009 11:44 PM

goddamn hurricanes

Respect_My_Authorita 04-21-2009 11:47 PM

:mad::mad::mad::rock::banghead::banghead:

RCM78 04-22-2009 06:06 AM

I'm assuming the Devils lost?

tommymac 04-22-2009 06:47 AM

I didnt see any of you guy cryin in 99 when they allowed brett hulls goal :rant:

Tom

ffejtable 04-22-2009 07:07 AM

Cause we arent Buffalo fans, tommy. :)

As for the contact, I have absolutely no problem with it. Brodeur needs to stop crying and the Devils need to play a 60 minute game.

Cakes206 04-22-2009 09:06 AM

Last night they read the rule differently from the rule book as a two parter...something about showing clear indication of trying to avoid contact even though it still happens, then the call is that of the discretion of the ref(s). With that said his back was towards Marty the whole time as he was going across, so they're calling it incidental contact. It also takes two to tango...everyone knows Marty like to play way out...even him..he should be aware of his position as well. And talk about a blatant showing of poor sportsmanship...blow your steam off in the locker room...don't throw your stick against the boards out in the open right next to whoever was standing there(arena staff?) almost hitting them. You're a professional...act like it.

Mike295 04-22-2009 10:29 AM

that rule is fucking nonsence. Avery got a penelty and he did not even make contact with the goalie. Its a shitty rule that needs to be fixed. I also belive goalies should be called on interferance when they play the puck behind the net and then get in the way of the attacking player. If the attacking player touches the goalie there he is given a penelty and tahts fucking bullshit. its clearly interfearance when they do that.

Brian78 04-22-2009 04:02 PM

waaaaa !

CBRBob 04-23-2009 11:50 AM

I watched Avery get 4 penalties in that game. He deserved every one. He is a sneaky frack who is up to his old tricks. They were watching, he got busted.

So what about Crosby's goal where he basically crashed into the goalie at speed with the puck in front of him, putting both of them into the net, then knocking the net off it's moorings. That was a goal too. Looks like goalies are fair game now. Rules are rules, abide by them of frack off.

CBRBob 04-23-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 98372)
I didnt see any of you guy cryin in 99 when they allowed brett hulls goal :rant:

Tom

I was on your side Tommy. That was BS. Then again, thank the NJD for sticking it to them in 2000.

carl_g 04-23-2009 01:20 PM

I am a devils fan but to see Marty react the way he did was disappointing.

Mike295 04-23-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob (Post 98416)
I watched Avery get 4 penalties in that game. He deserved every one. He is a sneaky frack who is up to his old tricks. They were watching, he got busted.

So what about Crosby's goal where he basically crashed into the goalie at speed with the puck in front of him, putting both of them into the net, then knocking the net off it's moorings. That was a goal too. Looks like goalies are fair game now. Rules are rules, abide by them of frack off.

avery is no worse then claude lemeuix

carl_g 04-23-2009 04:16 PM

how can you defend that bush league player???

Cakes206 04-23-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409 (Post 98428)
how can you defend that bush league player???

Theres no doubt Avery pulls some shenanigans...he was pissin me off with those two penalties so close to the end of the game...I would sat him after that one he took at 6min left or whatever it was. Its crazy cause sometimes he really a key part in assisting plays that end with results.