Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   did anyone get an Iphone? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5383)

Mike295 07-01-2007 04:30 PM

did anyone get an Iphone?

just wondering

PitsVtec 07-01-2007 11:13 PM

Of course Mark did....

John712 07-01-2007 11:19 PM

NOPE. wasn't wasiting my time on a over the night line to get a foolish phone.

SilverDragon 07-02-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitsVtec (Post 70992)
Of course Mark did....

What!? he didn't get you one?

I'd get one, but it's just way too expensive, and other than the voicemail selection, my current phone has the same features, just not through the screen.

soda7o 07-02-2007 01:57 PM

a guy at work got two of them on friday...
i was playing around with it today..pretty cool but typing sucks withmy big ass fingers...(btw he only waited about an hour online after work on friday and said he had both his phones in his hand friday by 7:30...

SAXON117 07-02-2007 02:03 PM

NO! i break my phone all the time, can't afford f@cking one of them up

Cakes206 07-02-2007 02:47 PM

From what I'm seeing it's a glorified mp3 player. The internal antenna system is horrible from what I'm told as well. Kind of expected, they're not a "cell phone" producing company.

jcblitz 07-02-2007 04:08 PM

I played with one this weekend. It's pretty cool, but not $600 cool. It's in a weird spot because being "a phone" is only 1/8 of what it does, it's more of a personal data manager with internet that can make calls. It's really fast, slick and well thought out, but $200 too expensive to not have built in GPS. Out of the 10 you could play with, 2 of them were already broken. And as we all know, cell phones break like crazy and you cannot get insurance on these phones so it's a disaster waiting to happen. But the one thing I didn't get to try was calling someone, not because you weren't allowed...but I basically didn't feel like it :)

Rev 07-02-2007 04:45 PM

I got it and It actually surpassed what I thought it would be...Has a lot of very usefull features like the maps, the notes, the voicemail thing is awesome and justeasy and friendly to use. Typing is a synch and a lot easier then any other phone device i've had..and trust me i've had them all. The touch screen seems 5 times more durable then 8125 or 8525. First hand, this phone is worth every penny. I'm selling my black jack for 300 so actually i only paid 600 plus a hush hush deal..so even less..lol..anyway for those who actually don't have it and talk ish about it...Try to get it first use it and then give an honest opinion. If you are constantly on the phone and want an easy phone to use with tons of usefull features while doing things, the phone is excellent....As cakes said it's a glorified ipod...but it's convient to have an ipod, phone, internet, gps, you tube, email, etc etc all in one device...

By the way surfing the web is excellent and the enhanced graphics are wonderfull. Zooming in and out is one of the best features on the phone. You can pretty much open up any web page with ease. The WIFI is also key....Without WIFI it actually isn't as slow as I thought. I heard that late this year they areincluding 3G network but this has EDGE...all in all the internet access is better then any other PDA available.

IN short..get it..it's worth it...

Rev 07-02-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes982 (Post 71061)
From what I'm seeing it's a glorified mp3 player. The internal antenna system is horrible from what I'm told as well. Kind of expected, they're not a "cell phone" producing company.

The antenna system kicks the arse of my blackjack, and even blackberry (going by where I work my desk i couldn't get service with the blackjack and my neighbor can't get service with her BB but the iphone has full bars....) Again, I did't expect this to be as good as it was...so now i'm even happier with it then before i bought it..

oh i only waited about 2 hours for this..which I was # 8 online by 6 there was about 15 peeps behind me...

shadoxkila 07-02-2007 05:36 PM

my friend bought it, and its friggin awesome....if i had AT&T i would absolutely get it.... this thing does everything, just go watch the video on iphone.com....i'm actually gonna see how long i have left on my shitty Tmobile contract to possibly switch

Mike295 07-02-2007 06:10 PM

i heard that the service that att has is terrible. I want one. but I will wait I am sure that there will be different versions in due time.

GIX750 07-02-2007 06:51 PM

anyone who has 6 bills to drop on a phone should ....
a- be slapped or
b- be jumped and forced to share his money with the rest of us

SPL170db 07-02-2007 09:10 PM

So far I have heard that the call quality is lousy.

shadoxkila 07-03-2007 01:49 PM

i'm assumming theres gonna be a new one by christmas, so i'm gonna wait until my contract is up in november and then make my decision for what service to go with