Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Howdy (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5932)

Ghost Rider 10-18-2007 03:43 PM

Howdy

Hey guys,

I'm the newbie. I've been riding a while, but just recently switched to the Sportbike crowd. Looking to learn better technique and improve my skills overall.

Hope to see some of you guys around.

Kennedy 10-18-2007 03:48 PM

You've came to the right place, welcome!

Check out www.teampromotion.com for track time :)

Ghost Rider 10-18-2007 04:06 PM

Thanks Kennedy.

I just did the track day on Monday at Summit Point with TPM, good times. Are most of the members on here associated with them?

Kennedy 10-18-2007 04:07 PM

More or less one way or another.....Did you have a good time? What group do you ride in?

Ghost Rider 10-18-2007 04:11 PM

I rode with the White group, but did the race cert as well.

I was the guy on the Harley. Got my screen name from the boys in Philly, said they were laughing thier asses off every time I came around Turn 10.

Needless to say, I'm looking for a bike I can be a little more "competetive" on.

CBRChick 10-18-2007 04:24 PM

Stop following me!!! http://forums.explosm.net/images/smi...ublefinger.gif

Kennedy 10-18-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider (Post 77498)

I was the guy on the Harley. Got my screen name from the boys in Philly, said they were laughing thier asses off every time I came around Turn 10.

Needless to say, I'm looking for a bike I can be a little more "competetive" on.

Sweet dude then you came to the right place!

Ghost Rider 10-18-2007 04:33 PM

Haha... Good to see you CBRChick!

Looks I found a new home, Guess I won't have to keep bugging you Colorado guys/gals anymore. ;)

Since I'm out this way, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with R2SL at VIR this upcoming year.

tommymac 10-18-2007 04:35 PM

You were on the v-rod? I saw you in the pits, and we breifly spoke as well. I was on an all white GSXR 750 and am the rather tall guy with a ponytail so I am kinda hard to miss :lol:

Tom

Marker54 10-18-2007 04:40 PM

Welcome to the site bro!

JasonB 10-18-2007 05:27 PM

Welcome to the site...i saw you as well. Have to give it to you for coming to the track with the V-Rod...

Ghost Rider 10-18-2007 05:39 PM

Yeah Tommy, I remember you. How you been?

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I plan on taking it back at least a few more times, I want to see exactly what it's capable of.

Since I'm still relatively new to the sportbike scene, I know she's got a little left in her once I get some more experience under my belt. Right now it's bone-stock, so I think with a few upgrades I might not get my ass handed to me in the straights by the modded literbikes.

As for the corners, it handles surprisingly well.

For now, I'm looking at either an RC51 or an R1 as my track bike. Any suggestions?

BadKitty 10-18-2007 06:52 PM

RC51 all the way. gotta love that V-twin power!

And welcome from one newbie to another!

Cakes206 10-18-2007 07:17 PM

Whats goin on man...welcome.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider (Post 77514)
For now, I'm looking at either an RC51 or an R1 as my track bike. Any suggestions?

Two totally different animals. What are you trying to obtain from doing track days?

High_Revs_17 10-18-2007 07:28 PM

You were sporting the V-Rod? Word got around about you real quick. :lol:

A 600cc in-line 4 or a 650 twin will do just fine for you on the track.

Welcome to the site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider (Post 77498)