Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Track day FUNding (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539)

benellis 07-31-2005 05:29 PM

Track day FUNding

After doing a couple of Team Pro-Motion trackdays, I've found that I'm totally hooked :banmac: The problem is I don't have enough money to do all the trackdays I want to.The cost of fuel is going up, and feeding my crew/support group isn't cheap either. Does everyone pay for it out of pocket or do some of you guys (and girls) get donations from family, friends, sponsors, etc?
I'd hate to get a second job :down:

Kennedy 07-31-2005 07:23 PM

Wondering the same thing.....

DougZ 07-31-2005 08:00 PM

Us slightly older guys, just spend the money that we should be saving for retirement, and/or max the credit cards. :)

Vin 07-31-2005 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougZ
Us slightly older guys, just spend the money that we should be saving for retirement, and/or max the credit cards. :)

:LOL:

Hm, I could buy a lotttttttttttta track days...

Wife -> :beat: <- Me

AfricanBootyScratcher 08-01-2005 12:11 AM

I just cut some of my spending on other things, and hope for the best. fortunatly I make most of my income during the season, then just scrape by over the winter when I realize I didn't save enough
BTW I didn't see you at then end of the day to say goodbye, but I heard you were lookin' good!

benellis 08-01-2005 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raheemtherugged
I just cut some of my spending on other things, and hope for the best. fortunatly I make most of my income during the season, then just scrape by over the winter when I realize I didn't save enough
BTW I didn't see you at then end of the day to say goodbye, but I heard you were lookin' good!

I left after lunch, I had a combination tiredness/ splitting headache. I didn't need to go back out on the track. It was fun overall. I like the long duration turns in the first infield section, and the tight turns in the second infield section. The tunnel turn was a bit hairy because of the speed, the new asphalt patches and the wall. Those SAFER barriers might help the racecar drivers, but it's still steel if we hit it. :panic2:

HondaGalToo 08-01-2005 07:36 AM

Haha, I wish someone sponsored people for trackdays. For me, I just cut back on other stuff. I pretty much gave up skiing/snowboarding to save up $$$ over the winter.

John712 08-01-2005 05:21 PM

i take my income tax return check and buy atleast 8 days :)

ezpunkx 08-01-2005 11:12 PM

track days? what trackdays?

CBRBob 08-02-2005 08:46 PM

You all pay for trackdays.........????????

benellis 08-02-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob

that bob is a funny guy :lol:

Brian78 08-02-2005 10:02 PM

on top of my normal full time job i worked part time delivering pizza last winter, and i corner work at pocono as much as i can, i also umpire baseball alot during the summer.

Qetesh 08-02-2005 10:28 PM

I sold my soul to do trackdays.

carl_g 08-03-2005 09:33 AM

I work.

lateapex 08-03-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob

+1 :) but we as coaches use a lot more gas, tires, wear and tear on the bike plus the phyical strain it takes toll on us to ride as much as we do. Coach can do 600+ miles in 3 days.

We all fund our track time with pocket money. Sharing the ride to the track or camping with others or sharing a hotel room and cooking at the track all help cut costs.