Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Was I wrong? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2630)

akomplis 05-15-2006 11:33 AM

Was I wrong?

I was at church yesterday and right next to me was this dude coughing up a storm, snarling, sneezing and sniffling...I'm telling you like he was about to croak! The entire time wiping his nose, face, covering his mouth and wiping his nose in between sniffs....however without a napkin/tissue/handkerchief

Now of course we are at the point of the peace offering in the mass :panic2: and I peaced everyone out except him...I simply said to him nothing personal but I rather not get sick, as it is I am hurting with allergies the season being bad this year. Peace to you (I flashed him the peace sign). Ironically he looked at me with disgust! Like I was an alien!! and shrugged me off and truly got pist!! :mad:

Was I wrong for not shaking his hand?

Hassmaschine 05-15-2006 11:36 AM

Nah dude, if he doesn't have the common sense yet alone the consideration, let him burn in hell. Isn' t that the religious mentality anyway? :D

Ant 05-15-2006 11:38 AM

Not at all. It's not about the handshake it's about the offering.

jcblitz 05-15-2006 11:38 AM

You are wrong, church is for suckers.

akomplis 05-15-2006 12:22 PM

Its not like he was an elderly man who just might have given up on being PC or forgot to get a tissue or something...especially when there is a bathroom 25ft away!!! Oh well....

Hey blitz I am far from a mama's boy but on the one day she gets to shine and requests my appearance, stating it would make her happy if I would show up then its all good man and I would do it again...while I am not a practicing catholic I do believe in God. A sucker you say...hahaha...I'll be that.

jcblitz 05-15-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akomplis
Its not like he was an elderly man who just might have given up on being PC or forgot to get a tissue or something...especially when there is a bathroom 25ft away!!! Oh well....

Hey blitz I am far from a mama's boy but on the one day she gets to shine and requests my appearance, stating it would make her happy if I would show up then its all good man and I would do it again...while I am not a practicing catholic I do believe in God. A sucker you say...hahaha...I'll be that.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/

I'll send you a copy if you want.

akomplis 05-15-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcblitz

I'll watch this....cool do that...I will pm you my address....

CuCullin 05-15-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Eh.

Modern christianity is updated paganism. Many of the rituals involved were directly stolen from prior religions in order to make the transition easier, and maintain the same clergy.

God and science are not incompatible. Many, including myself, believe that the very specific nature of science and physics dictates the existence of god, though the definition by any modern religion is irresponsibly far from what could be accurate as a result of years of subjugation and forced belief structures in attempts at dominating the world.

So... god is ok in my book. Religion, however, is not.

jcblitz 05-15-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuCullin
Eh.

Modern christianity is updated paganism. Many of the rituals involved were directly stolen from prior religions in order to make the transition easier, and maintain the same clergy.

God and science are not incompatible. Many, including myself, believe that the very specific nature of science and physics dictates the existence of god, though the definition by any modern religion is irresponsibly far from what could be accurate as a result of years of subjugation and forced belief structures in attempts at dominating the world.

So... god is ok in my book. Religion, however, is not.

That's why I said church is for suckers. But I don't like white man's theory of god so it's easier to just say god doesn't exist, relative to the common theory of god. I don't see a white man with a beard and robe standing around the earth like it's a snow globe.

But watch the movie first, it's points out the hypocrisy more than anything and shows they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

CuCullin 05-15-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

That's why I said church is for suckers. But I don't like white man's theory of god so it's easier to just say god doesn't exist, relative to the common theory of god. I don't see a white man with a beard and robe standing around the earth like it's a snow globe.

You mean Zeus? Yes, thats where the image of God in Christian artwork comes from...

Quote:

But watch the movie first, it's points out the hypocrisy more than anything and shows they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Buy it for me, I'll watch :)

Rev 05-15-2006 01:28 PM

Oh man..is this gonna be a religous debate thread now.. if so...let the games begin... and blitz..i do agree with you in many ways. The christian faith has been so twisted around throught the decades that you don't know what's god's request and what's mans request. Best bet is to follow the old word and not the new fabricated one's published by the roman catholics...Lots of hypocracy going on...and now a days..money is a huge involvement with relgion...

Gear Dog 05-15-2006 01:32 PM

you are totally right,in fact I would have pointed out that there was a bathroom that he blow his nose and wash his hands.

gottaducati 05-15-2006 01:44 PM

F that...the guys a jerkoff for even leaving the house in that kind of condition and then to top it off he wants to shake hands, forget about it. i hate those people. thats how i got sick.

why do you think the japanese bow to each other?
they're smart enough to know where man keeps his hands most of the time - and some women i know too
:)

JasonB 05-15-2006 01:53 PM

No you did the right thing

BTW - relgion devides people...

Hassmaschine 05-15-2006 02:00 PM

Yeah and spelling divides people.