Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What tools do you carry with you in your ride? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508)

Vin 07-26-2005 10:30 PM

What tools do you carry with you in your ride?

I carry my standard Suzuki toolkit, spare allen keys, tire plugging kit (Carmel type plugs), and an air gauge.

Qetesh 07-26-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
I carry my standard Suzuki toolkit, spare allen keys, tire plugging kit (Carmel type plugs), and an air gauge.

You fit all that in your ridiculously small trunk? I think Cakes said you can fit two pieces of gum at best in there :lol:

I carry no tools because my bike didn't come with the kit. I do carry napkins, ear plugs, sunblock, a hat, chapstick, camera, and some other miscellaneous items. I'm sure if I really needed, I could pull a MacGyver :LOL:

Vin 07-26-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qetesh
You fit all that in your ridiculously small trunk? I think Cakes said you can fit two pieces of gum at best in there :lol:

Yes ma'am! You can squish some stuff under the seat. ;)

Quote:

I carry no tools because my bike didn't come with the kit. I do carry napkins, ear plugs, sunblock, a hat, chapstick, camera, and some other miscellaneous items. I'm sure if I really needed, I could pull a MacGyver :LOL:

Chicks... :crazy: :lol:

Qetesh 07-26-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Yes ma'am! You can squish some stuff under the seat. ;)

Chicks... :crazy: :lol:

:LOL: Don't be hatin' because I have more trunk space then you do :thefinger :LOL:

Kawibabe 07-27-2005 12:05 AM

I have my Kawasaki tool kit in there, then I have my insurance & registration too. Umm...I have a little "glove" box and I have a hairbrush in there & a napkin or two. Sometimes I have my camera with me and that goes under the seat. My chapstick is in my jacket pocket. he he he

I Ride 07-27-2005 01:11 AM

i carry this cool plastic giveaway thing that I got that goes under your kickstand when on soft ground and thats it. Seriously.

LuvDog 07-27-2005 07:37 AM

I didn't get the tool kit... since I bought my bike used and the previous owner didn't have it.

I carry a kickstand puck and sunglasses.

My emergency took kit is my cell phone.

ronin_01r1 07-27-2005 09:12 AM

cell phone
wallet
digital camera
bike manual
oem tool kit
multi allen key tool (looks like a giant swiss army knife)
a few paper towels (in case i have dairy...lol)
about 5 zip ties
individual alcohol wipe pads
air gauge

other stuff i've been thinking of adding:

a small roll of duct tape
sunglasses
earplugs
tire plug kit

DougZ 07-27-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

:LOL: Don't be hatin' because I have more trunk space then you do :thefinger :LOL:

We talking about bikes here or something else. :) j/k

I just carry the Suzuki tool kit...maybe some allen wrneches if I recently did something that I feel might loosen up on the next ride.

FigNewTon 07-27-2005 09:36 AM

LMAO!!! She is going to throw you a beatin for that one Doug

I usually just carry my Honda toolkit but I would like to start taking along tire plug kit. A lot of time you end up riding in the middle of nowhere down here...

Vinny which one to you use?

Vin 07-27-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
Vinny which one to you use?

Looks kinda like this:
http://www.sherco-auto.com/tirecare2.jpg

DougZ 07-27-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
LMAO!!! She is going to throw you a beatin for that one Doug

nah, Jen loves me.....just took her a while to realize it. :)

soda7o 07-27-2005 10:48 AM

Nothing......
i took my toolkit out the secondmy bike got home...
I got my cell and besides most of you fools carry all the shit so all i have to do is ask yous...

I Ride 07-27-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o
and besides most of you fools carry all the shit so all i have to do is ask yous...

:LOL: i didnt wanna point that out

did you get a bike ???

NeonspeedRT 07-27-2005 11:03 AM

I carry the Honda tool kit that came with my bike, a Cruz sportbike multi tool (I got free from Honda), my cell phone, and a small bottled water. You never know when you may get thirsty.

Before anyone asks, yes I can carry a decent amount of stuff in the tail on my 900RR.