Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Drinking while out on the bike? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2670)

akomplis 05-18-2006 11:13 AM

Drinking while out on the bike?

Just saw this pic of Jase and some riders at a spot with quite a few beer bottles on the table....looks like they were having a good time.....

...How many of you actually have beers while at a spot & on your bike? Is it pretty much left up to the discretion of the rider to know how many beers he/she can handle b4 getting back on the road? Is one beer way too much to begin with and one just shouldnt drink whatsoever while riding(bike)?

There are times where I would love to have a cold one, but don't because I am riding & rather not chance it....Is it that much of a difference if I do it while riding on four wheels as suppose to the bike? I think riding on two wheels would require one to be more attentive....What do you think, any stories/experiences to be told out there?

CuCullin 05-18-2006 11:20 AM

Imho, a beer or two over a long period is ok. Remember the rough idea of a drink every hour.

JimRBlue 05-18-2006 11:24 AM

Moderation is always a good idea.,

tommymac 05-18-2006 11:30 AM

If we go to the ear bar or something like that and someone offers I may have a pint but I usualy stick to soda becasue beers are like lays potato chips, you cant just have one:roflmao:

Tom

Rev 05-18-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
If we go to the ear bar or something like that and someone offers I may have a pint but I usualy stick to soda becasue beers are like lays potato chips, you cant just have one:roflmao:

Tom

I agree...self control takes a big factor here....

tommymac 05-18-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
I agree...self control takes a big factor here....

I used to take my bike out to the bar or to a happy hour just so I wouldnt drink, esp if I had things to do later or had to be up early the next morning. I would have one beer then switch over to soda for the rest of the time.

Tom

ffejtable 05-18-2006 12:01 PM

I dont drink often, and wont drink if I am on the bike.. I did it once on a weekend trip in canada and the bar was literally next to the hotel.

Honestly I would rather see people drinking & driving on a bike than in a car. On a bike the odds are you are only going to hurt your own dumb self. Cant say I've ever read a story about somebody getting killed by a motorcyclist that was charged with DUI...

Not that I want to see anybody get hurt from a DUI but if its going to happen at least let it be the squid who thought they could drink and ride and not the mother crossing the street with her newborn.

CuCullin 05-18-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuCullin
Imho, a beer or two over a long period is ok. Remember the rough idea of a drink every hour.

Oh, and because of one person who said to me a ways back "Well I haven't drank in 8 hours today. So I can have 9 in the next hour.", I'll amend it to say one drink, then an hour :)

JasonB 05-18-2006 12:18 PM

I dont drink while on the the bike. Did it once, went down the block, did like the way i felt and turned around. Never had a drink while on my bike.

That's just me.

njf4i 05-18-2006 12:31 PM

I use to be totally against having 1 drink while out on the bike. But now i drink usually 10-12 beers per ride. I find it helps me get lower in the turns, or is that when im at a stop sign? :lol:

But seriously i have had 1-2 beers while out on the bike. Never had more than 2 and if it is 2 im hanging for a while.

But it comes down to your own choice. If you want to drink, go right ahead. The only thing that may affect me when im riding is if someone im with is obviously under the influence. Sorry but i'll bounce out of there and leave your ass to crash. I'm not letting anyone i ride with put my life in jeaporady, and it goes the same way with people who ride with me.

Cakes206 05-18-2006 12:33 PM

F the state for making a legal limit law. Should be my choice if I want to get plastered and ride. :jam2:

jcblitz 05-18-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
F the state for making a legal limit law. Should be my choice if I want to get plastered and ride. :jam2:

you're so brainwashed.

I'll have 1 or 2 max then sit and bs for another 30 minutes before I ride. I know how much I can drink and that's absolutely fine, but if I do get pulled over or have to deal with a cop, I don't want to have any hint of alcohol on my breath.

soda7o 05-18-2006 12:38 PM

are you talking about pics from hooter this past tuesday if so jase or any body else onthe bike didnt drink..butall that were ndriving i got em drunk..:)
\
BTW i have an occasional beer or vodka when i ride.. buti have one wait a good period of time andmake sure im good tog of noti dont bother going

btw where did you see the pics?

Rock712 05-18-2006 12:49 PM

If i'm on 2 wheels or 4 wheels no booze. If i get a DWI i'm fucked!!!

High_Revs_17 05-18-2006 01:09 PM

Nice CAKES. :lol:

I knew this was coming, happens every year, I'm gonna confiscate those damn pics and delete them!

On a serious note, FYI for those in the dark; the human liver can only filter 6 ounces of alcohol from the blood per hour, anymore than that causes a buildup in the blood therefore initiating that happy feeling.

So if one's hanging out at the local bike night and drinks 6 ounces of beer an hour equaling 2 beers in four hours then they're perfectly fine to ride home. And if they do get stopped for speeding and the officer smells alcohol on their breath it won't matter because the rider isn't under the influenceto begin with, but that's providing one sticks to the plan, some do, some don't.

Personally I didn't need an excuse to dull my skills on the road so I used to have 1 beer then I'd switch to a non alcoholic beverage. Or if one fancy's the taste then a non-alcoholic beer would work well there too.