Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anywhere to ride in Monmouth County Area? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5078)

_Jay_ 05-05-2007 08:10 AM

Anywhere to ride in Monmouth County Area?

My wife and daughter are out of town till tomm afternoon so I am looking for someplace to go. Don't really feel like riding 1-1.5hrs on highways to get to all the nice roads in NW Jersey. Anyone know of anything a little closer to me? I live in Freehold.

Thanks

Redlinerider 05-05-2007 08:19 AM

the one thing i always did in moments like that, went to the gas staion, bought a 5 dollar map of jersey and picked my roads near me or the next state.............

you will be surpeised what you find and how many great roads you will come across...... sounds gay?? wait till you try it and tell me what you think then!

remember, you are never lost, you just found new roads!!!

_Jay_ 05-05-2007 08:29 AM

Not a bad idea man. I was on http:www.motorcycleroads.us a few weeks back and they showed a road that was supposed to have nice sweeping curves on it from Freehold to Allentown. Needless to say, the road pretty much sucked.

There is a really nice road by me with lots of sharp turns and such, but it's only like 2 miles long and I feel like a retard riding it to the end and turning around and riding it back all day. Besides, the people are gonna start calling the cops on me soon I am sure.

Redlinerider 05-05-2007 08:37 AM

then the 1 to 1.5 hour ride to north west jersey sounds better and better by the minute, you should have made the lobster fest fi you were looking for a place to ride......you would have been tired of great roads....

if all above fails, head west to pa....cant go wrong.

_Jay_ 05-05-2007 08:43 AM

Ya I read about the Lobster Fest, but I work Saturday mornings so I usually miss most of the group rides since they all start early and seems no one likes to do them on Sundays.

Redlinerider 05-05-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Jay_ (Post 67082)
Ya I read about the Lobster Fest, but I work Saturday mornings so I usually miss most of the group rides since they all start early and seems no one likes to do them on Sundays.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

SPRHK 05-05-2007 08:53 AM

Get Glasses. Saxon and I post sunday rides here all the time. If you want to hook up with us tomorrow AM we are heading down around the NEW HOPE area.

SAXON117 05-05-2007 09:49 AM

JAY, PM sent

Brian78 05-05-2007 11:40 AM

millstone, there are plenty of decent roads

ImmaSquashYou 05-05-2007 01:14 PM

hymm..i live in old bridge...i'm always in hillsborough....i've been studying google earth for a few days now...there's really nothing around here....

nj01f4i 05-05-2007 06:01 PM

CR524, to 526 into cream ridge is a nice ride

yb929rr 05-05-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPRHK (Post 67084)
Get Glasses. Saxon and I post sunday rides here all the time. If you want to hook up with us tomorrow AM we are heading down around the NEW HOPE area.

my and one other are headed out around 8:00...we'll be headed up that way.
flag us down if you see us it'll be two bumble bee looking 929s.

SAXON117 05-05-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yb929rr (Post 67096)
my and one other are headed out around 8:00...we'll be headed up that way.
flag us down if you see us it'll be two bumble bee looking 929s.

will do

njf4i 05-05-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Jay_ (Post 67082)

Take a look at Rt 571 and that area. Its a decent back way to seaside, and i'm sure you can find some great roads in and around that area, like jackson and what not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou (Post 67090)
hymm..i live in old bridge...i'm always in hillsborough....i've been studying google earth for a few days now...there's really nothing around here....

Man you must not know hillsborough. There is great roads to take to French town, and then you can hit roads south to new hope, or north towards easton and 611. Ask marker54 or myself and we'll point you in the right direction. Oh and dont' forget the route to round valley rec with the lovely sweeper finish.

_Jay_ 05-06-2007 08:49 PM

Thanks Mark and Chris for the invite. I had a good time. Glad that kid was ok.