Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Track Day Riders Survey (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6941)

JimRBlue 08-06-2008 08:45 AM

I'd have to say the same things that others have said. I also always seem to learn something or improve some aspect of riding.

ronaldo9 08-06-2008 09:18 AM

I love meeting new friends, improving my riding skills, avoiding speeding tickets, and just the overall family atmosphere of track days. Where would I ever get a chance to travel so much and see some of the places I'd never see?

lateapex 08-06-2008 05:06 PM

Why do you do track days? I just wanna ride and beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

What is your goal? Beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

What brings you back to the track? Friends to ride with and the beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

Is there/what is a next step for you personally? Lower lap times and beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

See the trend here.....

CBRBob 08-06-2008 05:41 PM

But Mike has the 1000 now......

RCM78 08-06-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateapex (Post 89059)
Why do you do track days? I just wanna ride and beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

What is your goal? Beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

What brings you back to the track? Friends to ride with and the beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

Is there/what is a next step for you personally? Lower lap times and beat Mike and Jack and sometimes Ralph.

See the trend here.....

George is my friend, Sometimes...

RCM78 08-06-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob (Post 89061)
But Mike has the 1000 now......

Didnt matter before...

mowshweettea 08-06-2008 06:45 PM

track days are like crack to me but I'm either burned out already this year or bored so I think it's time to go racing.

Drew13 08-06-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowshweettea (Post 89067)
track days are like crack to me but I'm either burned out already this year or bored so I think it's time to go racing.

Heyyy, one for racing. I was wondering when someone was going to say that. It seems there are a lot of rookies on here too. Does this happen every year? What's the trend like with these things?

mowshweettea 08-06-2008 07:44 PM

Idk I just need competition and that's not really allowed at a track day so I just have realized I need something more but don't get me wrong I love track days and seems I meet someone new every week so that's always cool

CBRBob 08-06-2008 07:46 PM

Go racing, do well, see how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you spent to win $37. that year. See all racing items, go back to track days and a race or 2 a year.

Ant 08-06-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob (Post 89070)
Go racing, do well, see how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you spent to win $37. that year. See all racing items, go back to track days and a race or 2 a year.

This is my 1st year racing. I've done 2 weekends and let me tell you it is a lot more intense/fun but it costs a holy fortune. Be prepared to spend a lot more money than at a trackday.

mowshweettea 08-06-2008 10:11 PM

i wasnt planning on going ama lol im too old but like ant says im looking for more fun/competition so maybe a few days next year supplemented with track days :)

lateapex 08-07-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 89066)
Didnt matter before...

It does now because he can almost ride the 1000 like the 600. At Beaver he kicked my butt everywhere, at Thurnderbolt he was in my way in a few spots, like turn exits but on the straights could have gapped me (but he matched my pace) and I'd never make it up. Bad part is he still getting comfortable with the 1000. Once he's 100% confident I'm in trouble and I'll have to go bike shopping.

Ralph, the "sometimes" is becoming more often since VIR full. So I'll make that all the time now. "Game on"

I like track days because there are only a few things better (wink, wink) then hanging out with friends at the track.

redneckrider 08-07-2008 11:44 AM

When i first started doing TD's last summer it was so i could show everyone how fast i was (or wasnt as it turned out to be) and because i heard that it was a lot of fun. I am probably going to race next year. Just for kicks of course, i am not going to be able to do a full points season with any org due to both money and time, but i would like to see how i would do. I would just like to finish in the top 10 or better in at least one race.

Brian78 08-07-2008 11:59 AM

racing is cool. the atmosphere around a race weekend, with ur track buddies there is second to NONE