Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Poconos 5/25 (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2129)

shamster 03-21-2006 06:07 PM

Poconos 5/25

Anyone from northern NJ going to the Poconos track day on 5/25? I definitely want to try that out, but need to trailer the bike there. If someone can help with that, I'd gladly cover or split the cost of trailering.

PitsVtec 03-21-2006 06:54 PM

You need to buy a trailer.....

Qetesh 03-21-2006 11:37 PM

We'll be headin' down to VIR for that weekend!!! Have fun at Pocono and don't forget to post a report of your experience :)

shamster 03-22-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitsVtec
You need to buy a trailer.....

Yes, among many other things ;) Unfortunately, trailer isn't in the budget this year...plus no space in my garage or driveway for it.

shamster 03-22-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qetesh
We'll be headin' down to VIR for that weekend!!! Have fun at Pocono and don't forget to post a report of your experience :)

EVERYONE here is going to VIR that weekend? Nobody else doing Poconos on the 5/25?

DougZ 03-22-2006 10:28 AM

Yeah, VIR that weekend for me too. Plus, your track day is a week day....very rare for most people to attend unless they have a lot of vaca...or work for the gov't. LOL

ffejtable 03-22-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamster
EVERYONE here is going to VIR that weekend? Nobody else doing Poconos on the 5/25?

If you have been to both tracks you would understand why everybody goes to VIR and not Pocono. :)

And yeah, Pocono is a weekday, VIR is a 3 day weekend... :)

shamster 03-22-2006 10:48 AM

I figured VIR would be better. But there's no way I can make it out there. I'm stuck with the Poconos.

Surely there are others who are also stuck here too!

DougZ 03-22-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamster
I figured VIR would be better. But there's no way I can make it out there. I'm stuck with the Poconos.

Surely there are others who are also stuck here too!

Maybe post up on TPM's forum board too.

Cakes206 03-22-2006 11:22 AM

If ya can't find anyone, another option is to rent a u-haul trailer...my neighbor used to rent a pick up from Enterprise too.

MrQuickR1 03-22-2006 11:46 AM

or strap it to your bumper?:huh:
:hyper:

ronin_01r1 03-22-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougZ
Yeah, VIR that weekend for me too. Plus, your track day is a week day....very rare for most people to attend unless they have a lot of vaca...or work for the gov't. LOL

hey now, gov't work doesn't allow that much vaca time.. it's only those who have 15+ years of service who work in the gov't that get like 30+ days of vacation time per year.

ffejtable 03-22-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin_01R1
hey now, gov't work doesn't allow that much vaca time.. it's only those who have 15+ years of service who work in the gov't that get like 30+ days of vacation time per year.

If I was a sensitive sally, I would have gone off on doug cause that was clearly a jab at me, but I hardly get any vacation time.. I just have about a week leftover from last year...

Doug is just jealous cause im doing a week at teh canada tracks and he isnt.. :)

DougZ 03-22-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffejtable
If I was a sensitive sally, I would have gone off on doug cause that was clearly a jab at me, but I hardly get any vacation time.. I just have about a week leftover from last year...

Doug is just jealous cause im doing a week at teh canada tracks and he isnt.. :)

Oh, you're a Sally alright....LOL

I really wish I could pull the vaca outta my butt to stay in Canada for a week, but alas, I can't. Maybe next year I'll have a different career with more vaca....and money. :)

John712 03-22-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qetesh

Jen, you's doing both days in VIR..? Sun 28th & Mon 29th.

if so let me know. i'll do them as well and leave 2 days or a day before and get there to rest a whole day and watch them all on Sat... let me know cuz i could take the 2 bikes down with me to