Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Motorcycle ramps (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729)

Ant 01-11-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409
For me this works best. You just need to find the right place to do it. Back your truck up to a high curb or step this will bring the ground up way higher to the tail gait and the ramp will be off the ground a lot less. If you find the right spot you can bascially walk it on or off. BTW I think taking the bike off the truck is a lot easier them putting it on.(While doing alone). Here is the pic.

I like how you actually used an F150. :lol:

ffejtable 01-11-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

For me this works best. You just need to find the right place to do it. Back your truck up to a high curb or step this will bring the ground up way higher to the tail gait and the ramp will be off the ground a lot less. If you find the right spot you can bascially walk it on or off. BTW I think taking the bike off the truck is a lot easier them putting it on.(While doing alone). Here is the pic.

That diagram is what I get to do when (un)loading at home, and it definately makes things easier, but having a second hand is a big help.

And yes getting it off is a lot easier, IMO... The weight of the bike does the work, you just use the front brake to control the decent...

High_Revs_17 01-11-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

You just need to find the right place to do it. Back your truck up to a high curb or step this will bring the ground up way higher to the tail gait and the ramp will be off the ground a lot less.

I don't recall seeing any high places like that at Pocono (for example) in the parking area, unless other tracks provide high spots for loading/unloading?

High_Revs_17 01-11-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffejtable
Your tailgate is also about 12" from the ground. ;)

+1...he just needs to back up to an ant hill and it's all good. lol

duc748pilot 01-11-2006 03:27 PM

undo tie downs....floor it.......out comes the bike...simple.

High_Revs_17 01-11-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
undo tie downs....floor it.......out comes the bike...simple.

Did your truck come equiped with a verticle hydraulic lift in the tailgate? I'd get a nose bleed just standing up there in the bed. :lol:

duc748pilot 01-11-2006 04:19 PM

no i didnt get that option.

njf4i 01-11-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
no i didnt get that option.

But i bet you got the foot ladder that automatically comes out when you open the door. :lol:

duc748pilot 01-11-2006 05:06 PM

hell no lol...nerf bars biatch although those things are really cool