Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Downside of young new riders (girl crashes) (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2197)

Rev 03-29-2006 11:56 AM

The Downside of young new riders (girl crashes)

http://www.wftv.com/news/8287241/detail.html#

soda7o 03-29-2006 11:59 AM

wear a helmet

period...!!!!

PitsVtec 03-29-2006 12:02 PM

"What made things worse was she wasn't wearing a helmet and, troopers said, the teen didn't even have a license to drive a motorcycle."

Any crash is sad, but how much sympathy can we have for the ignorant. That is just stupid not to wear your helmet.....that should be a law in all states!

Rev 03-29-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o
wear a helmet

period...!!!!

are you available tomorrow...pm me your cell number

Cakes206 03-29-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

"I was just freaking out. It was just really something to see," said eyewitness Trevor Duncan, who saw the crash from his porch. "I saw the motorcycle tumble and land in the ditch. I saw the young lady flip two, three times in the air and land in the bushes."
So was this more of a residential area? Tripple digits in a residential area? :wtf:

Sux that this happened but there were just to many factors against her. Triple digits, residential area(?), no MC endorsement, and most of all, NO HELMET...damn shame.

jcblitz 03-29-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o
wear a helmet

period...!!!!

or...don't ride if you get a period. :omg:

But the season is just starting, we're going to see this stuff non stop shortly. My brothers girlfriend has her MC endorsment and no way is she fit to ride a bike. Luckily she would only ride with me or him and we're both not riding this season...so thats one less dead person.

Rev 03-29-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
So was this more of a residential area? Tripple digits in a residential area? :wtf:

Sux that this happened but there were just to many factors against her. Triple digits, residential area(?), no MC endorsement, and most of all, NO HELMET...damn shame.

Yeah well but i don't think she was really doing 100..unless the "eye witnesses" had a speed gun mounted on their front deck. You know how people like to exaggerate..if she was doing 100 + forget it...she would have been done..and the fact that she flipped in the air and LANDED in the bushes....probably saved her life...ain't now way i she gonna live even doing 65 with no helmet and crashing.....

soda7o 03-29-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
are you available tomorrow...pm me your cell number

available for what?

soda7o 03-29-2006 02:11 PM

that sucks that she crashed and that sucks for her.. but come one now.. no helmet.. shit i crashed too and lucky i was wearign bear minimum of gear 9jacket gloves and helmet) and i di dnot get hurt except for my knee.. i kow fl has a no helmet law butso does PA.. BUt its a choice a rider makes to look cool or not.. yes its hot yes it sucks to be in fullor partial gear.. but youhave to do it especially on your first ride...
i honestly stoped reading after i read theno helmet part...

also please do nottrust what asshole peope ar saig.. 100 miles per hour etc etc..

High_Revs_17 03-29-2006 02:14 PM

She didn't even have the bike in her posession for 30 minutes...:nono:

sonny 03-29-2006 02:44 PM

I dont feel bad about it. I mean i do, but i dont.

RonJ83 03-29-2006 04:39 PM

darwin theory at work and natural selection at its finest.

Kurts1000RR 03-29-2006 05:42 PM

:nono:

CBRBob 03-29-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitsVtec
Any crash is sad, but how much sympathy can we have for the ignorant. That is just stupid not to wear your helmet.....that should be a law in all states!

Ditto, if they are STUPID and do what she did, no sympathy except for the family.
As far as it being a law, that I disagree with. I will wear it every time, but we dont need another law(we do already) telling us what to do. Like seatbelt and cell phone laws.

Qetesh 03-29-2006 11:17 PM

Stupid is as stupid does.