Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another Squid goes down (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643)

Gear Dog 05-16-2006 09:00 AM

Another Squid goes down

I got this from Kawi forums.
The only thing missing were flip flops.

Crash!!! Leaving work today and getting on the skyway bridge going like 85-90 in a turn a car desided to cut right in front of me forcing me to slam on my brakes in a pretty tight turn. I wasnt able to take the turn and drove right off the road into the grass and loss control, there was no time to stop and if there was it was in grass, so the bike came out from under me and slid away and did a flip i think or rolled over maybe once and I slid some other way.

Injuries to me were: Broken knee cap, rashed shoulder and arm, really bruised hip and left side. Over all not bad for wearing a sleeveless shirt and board shorts and running shoes. Helmet was untouched or even scratched.

As for the bike..... No insurance....

Both mirrors snapped off
Shifter snapped off and hanging
left stator cover is really rashed
The complete fairing around the headlights is broken in like 4 places. Split between the headlights and on the side.
Inside black piece of plastic next to the ram air is broken out.
Rear whatever under the ZX-6rr is really rashed bad but no breaks or dents.

Lower right fairing had a hole on it about 1/2 inch big like something tryed to break thru it.

Gas tank has some scratches.
Bike still starts right up and runs in first gear fine just cant shift it cause the snapped foot lever.

Cant really see any other damage untill tomorrow when its light out.

my main concern is the main front fairing since it is the most damaged out of everything. Is this super expensive? Also any places to get these parts cheap??

Pix to come tomorrow.

Xracer264 05-16-2006 09:08 AM

I am still amazed how Fackin DUMB people are!!!!! :confused: :squid:

tommymac 05-16-2006 09:21 AM

And of course he survived:nopity:

Tom

Liltenatattoo 05-16-2006 09:27 AM

wtf. he's worried about a ferring. Not that he didn't have insurance and could have hurt or killed himself or someone else. Or the fact he was barley wearing any protection. "ooh my helmet was untouched" maybe he should have not been wearing one! dumbass!

PitsVtec 05-16-2006 09:28 AM

Glad whomever is okay!.....Same thing happened to me a year ago, but I had more gear on than he/she.... Why didn't he/she have insurance?

Hassmaschine 05-16-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
And of course he survived:nopity:

Tom

Eh I don't wish death on squids, hopefully it's a perfect lesson in what not to do for the kid, I just wish more squids were as fortunate.

Taz 05-16-2006 09:36 AM

I'm glad he OK. Maybe that will teach him to wear more gear.

tommymac 05-16-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassmaschine
Eh I don't wish death on squids, hopefully it's a perfect lesson in what not to do for the kid, I just wish more squids were as fortunate.

Work a few years in an inner city ER and you get a bit jaded the skells and idiots seem to live forever and the good ones die of some real screwed up stuff.

I did get to scrub some road rash on a kids ankle sunday night though.

Tom

Rev 05-16-2006 10:11 AM

Yeah tommy i hear you on that one..i don't wish death on anyone at all but people who do follow rules and wear full gear have tend to have really bad injuries...i know rash hurts..but broken stuff or permanent injuires are worse

tommymac 05-16-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
Yeah tommy i hear you on that one..i don't wish death on anyone at all but people who do follow rules and wear full gear have tend to have really bad injuries...i know rash hurts..but broken stuff or permanent injuires are worse

I dont have much sympathy for the idiots anymore. I had one girl come in who fell off the back of a bike and was wearing capri pants and sandals, how she didnt get rashed up worse I will never know. Anyway she ground off some of her big toe but was more concerned that she broke her cute pair of shoes, her attitude changed when she met my cute nylon scrub brush. She doesnt know how lucky she was that it didnt reach the bone, becasue then it becomes very messy and painful to repair.

Tom

jcblitz 05-16-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

I dont have much sympathy for the idiots anymore. I had one girl come in who fell off the back of a bike and was wearing capri pants and sandals, how she didnt get rashed up worse I will never know. Anyway she ground off some of her big toe but was more concerned that she broke her cute pair of shoes, her attitude changed when she met my cute nylon scrub brush. She doesnt know how lucky she was that it didnt reach the bone, becasue then it becomes very messy and painful to repair.

Tom

Did you give her that numbing gel? That shit is no joke.

tommymac 05-16-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcblitz
Did you give her that numbing gel? That shit is no joke.

it took a while for the nurse to find it. If we had to remove bone we would have had to numb the entire toe with a nerve block, and it still hurts.

Tom

Cakes206 05-16-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Work a few years in an inner city ER and you get a bit jaded the skells and idiots seem to live forever and the good ones die of some real screwed up stuff.

I did get to scrub some road rash on a kids ankle sunday night though.

Tom

Comes with the territory Tom...can't judge, just do the job ;)

motohero 05-16-2006 11:07 AM

i think this is a joke!

simmons5 05-16-2006 11:11 AM

I just read that on the Kawi Forum too....06 and no insurance.......Board shorts ? What are people thinking