Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mods & How To's (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   GSXR Pair Mod (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49)

Cakes206 05-18-2005 08:48 PM

GSXR Pair Mod

8 Attachment(s)
As most of you may know the crank case on a GSXR is vented through the air box. This is mainly for emissions control. The problem with venting the crank case into the air box is oil mist can/will travel into the air box, past the filter and into the air/fuel mixture, weakening the charge detonation. The Pair Mod bypasses the air box and vents though the exhaust. This will not only eliminate all chances of oil mist getting into and through the air box...but will also create negative pressure within the crank case...wich is always good for a pony or two...

This is how to do the pair mod on an 02 GSXR 750. The applications for the same generation 600 and 1K's is relatively the same.

Take off the tank. Take off the air box. Take off the hose that connects the crank case cover to the air box and cap off the opening left behind on the air box.

Pic 1 This is where the pair valve sits(removed in pic)
Pic 2 Size and part # of hose from Home Depot
Pic 3 "T" connector also from HD
Pic 4 Cap off the vacuume hose with a slightly larger screw. I don't recomend cutting the hose, just incase you want to turn it back to stock. You can see the hose comming out just by the #4 TB.
Pic 5 Crank case cover where hose connected to air box WAS.
Pic 6 Attach one end of NEW hose to crank case cover.
Pic 7 Connect other end to "T" connector...Your done.
Pic 8 Your end result should look like this...plain and simple. The clamps I had gotten were a tad to small so I used zip ties for now. But as tight as that hose is...it ain't goin nowhere...

DougZ 05-26-2005 03:39 PM

Joe, have you done this on the SV1K?? If so, is it basically the same procedure??

What do you think of "desnorkling"???

Cakes206 05-26-2005 06:58 PM

Hey Doug, I haven't really been able to get down n dirty with the twins so to speak yet...I've only done this on my Gix when I had it.

JasonB 06-02-2005 04:00 PM

wait i dont get it :uh:

Cakes206 06-02-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jase
wait i dont get it :uh:

What don't you get?

RacerGSX 08-03-2005 04:18 PM

?

Hey Joe is this MOD done the same way for a 04 GSXR 600? I have been looking but have not found anything on it.

Commuta_Busa 08-03-2005 04:48 PM

just make sure you always use reinforced hoses for the connections.

btw... good post cakes! :highfive:

Cakes206 08-03-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerGSX
Hey Joe is this MOD done the same way for a 04 GSXR 600? I have been looking but have not found anything on it.

Hey Dan, not 100% sure on the 04's...take the tank and air box off and look to see if the pair valve is in the same spot, etc. Let us know...

Thanks Ken...

RacerGSX 08-05-2005 04:39 PM

Valve

Okay I will do that

soda7o 08-05-2005 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerGSX
Okay I will do that

yeah find out.. if os illdo it ot the gix

Ripp53 08-05-2005 06:38 PM

well if one of you guys with a 04 what to do it. let me know i can take one of your bikes apart and we can see if it's the same. and we can figer it out from there.

soda7o 08-05-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripp53
well if one of you guys with a 04 what to do it. let me know i can take one of your bikes apart and we can see if it's the same. and we can figer it out from there.

i can take it apart my slef i just dont want to unless itf for sure.. .other wise just waisting my time..

Ripp53 08-05-2005 07:04 PM

the top have looks the same but i can't tell about the bottom have from the fichs.

sterling 08-05-2005 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boredom makes me take things apart....

I ran out in the garage and yanked my gas tank up and snapped this picture. Since I didn't take my airbox off, I am only assuming this is the correct hose. It runs from the crankcase to the airbox. This is from my 04 GSXR600.

Cakes206 08-05-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterling
Boredom makes me take things apart....

I ran out in the garage and yanked my gas tank up and snapped this picture. Since I didn't take my airbox off, I am only assuming this is the correct hose. It runs from the crankcase to the airbox. This is from my 04 GSXR600.

Yup...thats it...like I mentioned, it's vented back through the air box for emissions :jerkit:

Gotta love how easy everything is to get to on a gix.