Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Cell phone providers (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6687)

carl_g 05-20-2008 09:33 PM

Cell phone providers

I have had Verizon for ever..I like the service but I think I want a change. I am considering AT&T and I guess T-Mobile also... What does everyone have and more importantly are you happy with your current cell service?

Ant 05-20-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409 (Post 86154)
I have had Verizon for ever..I like the service but I think I want a change. I am considering AT&T and I guess T-Mobile also... What does everyone have and more importantly are you happy with your current cell service?

Go with T Mobile...worse comes to worse just keep calling cakes until they do something.

Marker54 05-20-2008 10:14 PM

T-mobile, Gets a ton of bashing from others. But I've had it 9 years now and have never had a problem. BTW, I'm in CNJ.

Cakes206 05-20-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marker54 (Post 86157)
T-mobile, Gets a ton of bashing from others. But I've had it 9 years now and have never had a problem. BTW, I'm in CNJ.

Damn, you go back into the Omnipoint days...you're a brave man lol.

Brian78 05-20-2008 10:47 PM

i started out with omnipoint, the pioneers in sim card usage (i think)

carl_g 05-21-2008 06:57 AM

wow a lot of people here rock t-Mobile..

Marker54 05-21-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes206 (Post 86160)
Damn, you go back into the Omnipoint days...you're a brave man lol.

yeah, my plan is pretty much unlimited usage on everything for only $50.99/ month. Same plan with Verizon would cost me close to $90/ month as of last year when I shopped around. Plus, it's a one year contract, so every year they send me a new phone to stay one more year. ...it took a lot of threatening over the years to get (just about) unlimited everything. ;)

njf4i 05-21-2008 07:44 AM

Well i have been a verizon, att&t (cingular), and t-mobile customer. There all pretty much the same.

I am currently with t-mobile (had them for about a year now) and i am very happy with my service. I use the myfaves plan with a blackberry server plan. The prices are really good and the service has gotten a lot better since i had them 4 years ago.

tommymac 05-21-2008 08:27 AM

I am with verizon and will stick with them, gotta keep jimmy working here on LI:roflmao:

Tom

ffejtable 05-21-2008 08:58 AM

I am currently with Vzw. Had Cingular/AT&T for years (I think they were previously Comcast and CellOne)... I was mostly happy with the service, although coverage at work wasnt all that great. After the AT&T/Cingular merger my coverage at home was non existant, and that was the first time I had to really deal with customer service and it was horrible. They kept blaming the phone and trying to lock me into a new contract. Sigh.

Switched to Vzw almost 3 years ago and coverage is much better for me than Cingular ever was. It was good enough to drop my landline, which I would have never considered with Cingular. Pricing/minutes are similar but no rollover hurts on those months I am jobless and making lots of daytime calls.

Had an ex with Tmobile, and coverage was spotty and call quality was horrible. The phone was a cheap Panasonic, so that may have been most of the problem.

Ultimately you need your phone to make calls. Make sure whatever you get works in the 2 places you spend most of your time (work & home).

jcblitz 05-21-2008 09:39 AM

I've had verizon for years and the service was good. I had to switch to AT&T last year when I got my iPhone and the reception is not as good (not sure if it's the actual phone or the carrier). But I get service where you would expect, but in spots where it's questionable, I definitely do not while some other people, verizon people mostly, do. Your best bet is to talk to co-workers from the same area.

carl_g 05-21-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcblitz (Post 86198)
I've had verizon for years and the service was good. I had to switch to AT&T last year when I got my iPhone and the reception is not as good (not sure if it's the actual phone or the carrier). But I get service where you would expect, but in spots where it's questionable, I definitely do not while some other people, verizon people mostly, do. Your best bet is to talk to co-workers from the same area.

Do you like your iphone? That is basically why I am asking. I would like to go to an iphone and in order to do that I need to move to AT&T. I could also just go to a blackberry.. I dunno...

GinoE 05-21-2008 10:01 AM

omipoint/motorola
verizon/nokia
at&t/nokia, palm
cingular/palm
at&t/palm

satisfied with at&t palm phone w/ multi-freq (works all over the earth)

Mike295 05-21-2008 10:38 AM

I alwys think about switcing to another carrier but i kinda feel they are all the same. Been with verizon better then cingular/att, i had that years ago and it was fantastic for droping calls. It was so good i have been known to "fake call brake up" ex girlfriends... hahaha your.. b--- r pp... all .. b..r ception !!! hahahaha

NYCSTRIPES 05-21-2008 11:04 AM

Just don't get sprint, they suck. I have verizon now and I am quite happy with the service.
Ken