Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   $1200 fell in my lap... (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2967)

ronin_01r1 06-21-2006 01:15 PM

$1200 fell in my lap...

not cash, a gift certificate to a bike shop (McCoy's Motorsports). i won it at a raffle at the r1/r6 convention last week at the gap. so, what should i get???

I've got pretty much a stock 01 R1. I've got a slip on pipe, a K/N air filter, front SS lines, HH pads, and ZG windscreen. Nothing else. My original plan was to ride this on the track until I totalled it, at which point I was planning to get a new track bike with the insurance money.

I was thinking tires, but this place doesn't sell tires. wtf. Maybe they can order them for me. So right now, I'm thinking.... a damper, rearsets, and a sport chock. probably a CRG mirror too. not sure what else to get.

What would you get? :moocow:

SilverDragon 06-21-2006 01:26 PM

I wouldn't know the first thing to get, but I will simply say...

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll come up with something to spend it on.

ImmaSquashYou 06-21-2006 01:27 PM

I don't believe you will get insurance money if you totaled it at a track. Might wanna look into that. If the insurance finds out it was at the track i'm not sure what they would do. Anyone have experience??

IrocRob 06-21-2006 01:30 PM

Buy track days - They are much more fun than parts...:ride:

soda7o 06-21-2006 01:36 PM

damper is a good idea.. suspension never hurt.. or you can just buy stuff and resell it and get some Cash out of it..

ronin_01r1 06-21-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
I don't believe you will get insurance money if you totaled it at a track. Might wanna look into that. If the insurance finds out it was at the track i'm not sure what they would do. Anyone have experience??

already did before my first trackday a couple months ago. as long as it's not a "race" it's ok. :nod2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrocRob
Buy track days - They are much more fun than parts...:ride:

i would but it's for a bike shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o
damper is a good idea.. suspension never hurt.. or you can just buy stuff and resell it and get some Cash out of it..

i was thinking about the suspension, but since i was planning to get a new bike next year, i didn't want to put TOO much into this one that i wouldn't be able to get back later. i thought about selling stuff too, but didn't really want to go through that hassle.

Smokes35 06-21-2006 02:02 PM

tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires

njf4i 06-21-2006 03:46 PM

i would go with a scotts damper. usually you can take it off the bike you have and put it on another on with just the different mount.

I would also see if they can order you tires.

Or better yet you can buy my a 1 piece track suit :)

Cakes206 06-21-2006 04:00 PM

If you don't know what to get, I can help ya out. I need new tires for the sv. Further information can be provided upon request. Thanks and congrats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou

Insurance has to pay as long as its a track day and not an actual race day.

ronin_01r1 06-21-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njf4i
i would go with a scotts damper. usually you can take it off the bike you have and put it on another on with just the different mount.

I would also see if they can order you tires.

Or better yet you can buy my a 1 piece track suit :)

Yea, I'll see if they can order me a couple sets of tires. Probably another set of Pilot Powers and Diablo Corsas.

I'll consider the track suit offer. Hey I did ask you about the blue/white leathers! Now that was dirt cheap, although they were yamaha blue/white. :lol: i probably would've taken the yamaha letters off and dyed the whole thing black. assuming they fit me, of course.

njf4i 06-21-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin_01R1
I'll consider the track suit offer. Hey I did ask you about the blue/white leathers! Now that was dirt cheap, although they were yamaha blue/white. :lol: i probably would've taken the yamaha letters off and dyed the whole thing black. assuming they fit me, of course.

Thats just way to much work for me.

But hey if the track suit is to much you can always just pick me up a set o f diablo corasa. Thanks Bro!!!

gottaducati 06-21-2006 05:34 PM

put it towards another bike. you can never have too many
:)

CBRBob 06-21-2006 10:28 PM

Penske shock and valve the forks. You will go faster with that than the pipe and k&n.

Mack 06-21-2006 10:35 PM

I'm saying ohlins rear and racetec front end....but tires are always good

Lurker 06-22-2006 08:34 AM

Get a Power Commander