Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Track Day Riders Survey (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6941)

Drew13 08-05-2008 09:18 PM

Track Day Riders Survey

Just curious to see what you folks say. Why do you do track days? What is your goal? What brings you back to the track? Is there/what is a next step for you personally?

examples:
(Better rider? Considering racing next? Mid-life crisis? Friends you meet? Can't do it on the street? Get to advanced? Stay in beginner? etc)

Brian78 08-05-2008 09:34 PM

friends

Mike295 08-05-2008 09:36 PM

its about the riding.. and the hang

NYCSTRIPES 08-05-2008 09:38 PM

1st) I love motorcycles, always have.
2nd) I have been a motorcycle race fan for more than 20 years
3rd) after getting turned on to riding track days about 5 years ago, I have been hooked ever since.
4th) I love the challenge of riding to my limit and trying to get past it. Always something to learn in a safer environment than screwing around ont he street.
5th) I have made some great friends at the track. I generally have a great time riding and I constantly look forward to my next track day.
6th) what keeps me coming back is the fun I have while I am on the bike turning laps..in my case it might be considered a mid-life crisis
Ken

CBRBob 08-05-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew231506 (Post 88999)
Just curious to see what you folks say. Why do you do track days? What is your goal? What brings you back to the track? Is there/what is a next step for you personally?

Better rider? Considering racing next? Mid-life crisis? Friends you meet? Can't do it on the street? etc. Get to advanced? Stay in beginner?

Goal, to have fun
Brings me back, fun.
Next step, stay fast.
Better, always.
Racing, naa.
Mid-life, not yet.
Friends, yep, many!
On the street, riding this fast on the street is idiotic.
Still love riding on the street though.

SPRHK 08-05-2008 09:52 PM

trackdays..........its an adiction! Started out going with a really good friend of mine, but then he got hurt bad. So for a couple of years I did it solo. Didnt really know anyone at the track, although saw familiar faces. So what brought me to the track was the thrill. The need for speed, the need to ride on the ragged edge of insanity..and still be in control. What I was learning on the track, braking and throttle control, body positioning, reading the corners and hitting the apexs, made me a much better street rider. Like Rob said, riding that fast on the street is IDIODIC!! Then, within the past year or two, I hooked up with a great bunch of guys, really good friends, who really make the whole trackday experience even better. Yeah, there's always the tracksmack going on, but in the end, we work together to make us all better riders.

What brings me to the track.....

great friends
need for speed
the thrill
the learning experience

No matter how good you think you are, if you didnt learn something productive at the track, it was a wasted day!!

Jake 08-05-2008 09:53 PM

I went to my first trackday in April just to get everyone to stop annoying me about it.

Now I wish I would have tried heroin first.. it might have been cheaper. :ohmygod:

but it's just too much fun :jam2:

Drew13 08-05-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 89005)
I went to my first trackday in April just to get everyone to stop annoying me about it.

Now I wish I would have tried heroin first.. it might have been cheaper. :ohmygod:

but it's just too much fun :jam2:

I'm with you!

I have done 7 track days...and the coolest part by far has been the people I have met. I enjoy learning and I have A LOT to learn. Not sure what my goal is, or how long I'll do this, or what's next...but I guess that's the fun part too.

I'm not really into pain though...so I think my next hobby will be racing rc boats or somethin'.

Good answers!

Respect_My_Authorita 08-05-2008 10:27 PM

motorcycles are fun.

trackdays are fun.

trackdays with comrades is funner.

RCM78 08-05-2008 10:32 PM

I guess it started out with me and a couple other friends wanting to learn how to ride better.
7 years later I'm still learning but have met some of the greatest people.

At this point I love the social aspect of trackdays. Great friends to hang with and still lots of people to meet.

landshark 08-05-2008 10:51 PM

its cheaper than a ticket
sharing is always great with people who enjoy the same

Jake 08-05-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 89009)
its cheaper than a ticket

I've gotten a 120 in a 55 and that isn't the only one in the triple digits I've received.... and at least I didn't need to buy a new set of tires after each ticket!! :LOL:

John712 08-06-2008 12:11 AM

the people (friends) and shit talking :)

CORNBREAD 08-06-2008 01:53 AM

Working 80 hours a week w/ 2 kids a wife and 2 pitbulls. I love my weekday life but 2x a month the track is a breather. Plus the streets around here are too congested.

ffejtable 08-06-2008 07:17 AM

Friends and the excitement of riding my bike the way its supposed to be riden without the hazards on the street.