Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   just opened the mail... (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5579)

John712 08-06-2007 02:51 PM

just opened the mail...

from a letter then happens to be from my daughters school...

with the back to school supply list.

the list contains

spiral multicolored 3"x5" index cards
one 12 pack #2 pencils
one package 1"x2" eracers

and a book bag with wheels on the bottom and a handle "ONLY"-- any bookbag other then one specified will not be permitted. now this is a regular school, not catholic or anything like that, just a public school. and their telling the parents what kind of book bag they can or cannot have. we usually let the kids gram their own. this is stupid i'd say

njf4i 08-06-2007 03:48 PM

You would think that if its a public school that they couldn't tell you what book bag to bring. I understand dress codes and what not. But what if the parent can't afford a new book bag?

jcblitz 08-06-2007 04:03 PM

You would think they could spell erasers correctly. And would use "minority" instead of "multicolored".

RCM78 08-06-2007 04:40 PM

They are actually worried about the kids getting hurt by having to carry a bookbag. So they mandate one with wheels...

The pusification of america continues!!!

carl_g 08-06-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 73098)
They are actually worried about the kids getting hurt by having to carry a bookbag. So they mandate one with wheels...

+ 1 recockluous I say.:arrr:

Ant 08-06-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409 (Post 73101)
+ 1 recockluous I say.:arrr:

Dude, I can't wait to see you in PTA meetings for Christoper!

Mike295 08-06-2007 05:59 PM

i bet some pussy kid got hurt with an over the sholder bag...

High_Revs_17 08-06-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike295 (Post 73108)
i bet some pussy kid got hurt with an over the sholder bag...

We have a winner...and his/her parents are suing the school board for every penny they can muster.

jcblitz 08-06-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 73098)

That's partly correct. When I was in high school we went to our lockers before every class, got the stuff we needed, and went to class. I never had more than 3 books at any time. They want less students loitering in the hallways and making fewer locker trips for whatever reason (drugs/weapons) and to do this they need to carry more books. Having a 90lb freshman carry around 3-4 periods worth of books is a little much. But to make it a rule they must have a rolling bookbag is a little much as well. If they mandate that I think they need to at least reinstate dodgeball.
-
Edit: If you look at this search, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...gs&btnG=Search , many of them are stating you're not allowed to have rolling bookbags. They're mostly k-6 though and do not travel between classes.

PitsVtec 08-06-2007 07:46 PM

I recall one fight at my school where a girl hit another girl on the head with her bookbag...LOL!

Retom7 08-06-2007 09:34 PM

Maybe if they used textbooks that have useful crap in them instead of the shitty filler all of the teachers who write them put in there, they could eliminate 10lbs of crap from each kid's bookbags. I know a lot of schools are suggesting no bookbags at all because of the weight on little kid's backs during important times of bone growth and such, which makes perfect sense. However, I remember having a billion text books and the reason I had to carry all of them was because I didn't have time to run from one end of the school, get books from my locker, and make it to my next class without being late and getting lunch detention or something.