Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quick TPM Rant (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2373)

ffejtable 04-21-2006 01:26 PM

Quick TPM Rant

I've started enough trouble over at TPM already so I'm not going to open up my mouth on this one on their board, but on the Pocono day that got iced out Linda was commenting on how we arent allowed to have cameras on our bikes. Thats fine, but then she proceeded to tell us that when we know we are being watched/taped we tend to ride over our heads and it makes for a dangerous situation... Ok, I can buy that...

But her VERY next comment was how they have a video production company there to video tape us? WHAT THE FUCK?

Does it matter if my buddy or some professional is taping me? If being taped creates a dangerous situation, it really doesnt matter who is doing it, now does it?

Just a complete contridiction in what she had said 10 seconds earlier, and it really pissed me off... Yeah yeah I know I am 2 weeks late with this but I just thought of it when I was watching the VIR North video somebody linked.

soda7o 04-21-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffejtable
I've started enough trouble over at TPM already so I'm not going to open up my mouth on this one on their board, but on the Pocono day that got iced out Linda was commenting on how we arent allowed to have cameras on our bikes. Thats fine, but then she proceeded to tell us that when we know we are being watched/taped we tend to ride over our heads and it makes for a dangerous situation... Ok, I can buy that...

But her VERY next comment was how they have a video production company there to video tape us? WHAT THE FUCK?

Does it matter if my buddy or some professional is taping me? If being taped creates a dangerous situation, it really doesnt matter who is doing it, now does it?

Just a complete contridiction in what she had said 10 seconds earlier, and it really pissed me off... Yeah yeah I know I am 2 weeks late with this but I just thought of it when I was watching the VIR North video somebody linked.

basiclaly they want youto buy the vid.. :)

DougZ 04-21-2006 01:35 PM

I agree that there was a fair amount of hypocrisy in that policy. :)

DougZ 04-21-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o
basiclaly they want youto buy the vid.. :)

Did you figure that one out all on your own. :D

Ant 04-21-2006 01:46 PM

Fagtable, just call this number...1-800-Whambulance That should help you out.

John712 04-21-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant
Fagtable, just call this number...1-800-Whambulance That should help you out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1235822

soda7o 04-21-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougZ
Did you figure that one out all on your own. :D

oh yeah... yes i did infact beach!

ronin_01r1 04-21-2006 02:27 PM

yea, that sux.

CBRBob 04-21-2006 02:38 PM

Think what you want, 2 morons out there dicing it up making a video makes for a red flag and ME picking bikes up mid session FAR too often. It's not that I don't see your point Jeff, it's that every rider that pays for this gets 2 riders. One with the camera and one to lead. Both are coach level riders and the buyer signs waivers etc. They are told you DON'T get you vid if you ride like a bonehead or crash etc.

ffejtable 04-21-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
Think what you want, 2 morons out there dicing it up making a video makes for a red flag and ME picking bikes up mid session FAR too often. It's not that I don't see your point Jeff, it's that every rider that pays for this gets 2 riders. One with the camera and one to lead. Both are coach level riders and the buyer signs waivers etc. They are told you DON'T get you vid if you ride like a bonehead or crash etc.

It was lindas wording that went something like Riders have a tendancy to ride over their head or show off when they know they are being video taped, and thats why we dont allow it.

I agree with this... but does that really change wether its your buddy taping you or a professional? Perhaps for some....

My point was she completely contradicted herself...

You going to be in canada first week of May? :)

High_Revs_17 04-21-2006 04:08 PM

You're correct on principle Jeff...that's just like having a cop give you a cell phone ticket, then as they drive away you notice they're on the cell.

RCM78 04-21-2006 05:03 PM

Beleive it or not, TPM does not profit from the videos. Glen thought long and hard about how to offer this service. The guys at Shadow Video seemed like a good solution. Like Bob said you must follow Shadow Video's rules and sign a waiver. Otherwise no video for you!!!

I personally think it's a good deal and a good idea. It's also a huge sore spot with a FEW members and I'm sick of all the whining...

NYCSTRIPES 04-21-2006 06:42 PM

I am sure it does not help that Glen was struck more than once by riders shooting video on the track. I for one am glad I decided not to invest in camera gear.
Your other option is to ride with another club who'll allow it if its that much of a big deal. Personally, I would prefer guys not video while riding, I would prefer that they pay attention to the ride...enough guys crash on their own without having to factor in playing movie director at the same time.
Ken

CBRBob 04-21-2006 08:20 PM

I was riding at Poco-E 2 weeks ago and came upon a rider in a blue vest following someone in a blue vest who was following another in a blue vest. The middle rider was the one being videoed. I watched them move through traffic and yield to others. I was impressed at how the leader kept a pace that did not make the rider ride above his skill level and that when i passed the 3rd rider (with the camera) and moved between he and the rider being taped, there was no effort to jump ahead of me to get the shot back.

In other words, from what I have seen, they are respectful (Shadow Vid. and the rider) of what they were doing compared to everyone else. This is 180deg from what I have dealt with in past years.

AfricanBootyScratcher 04-21-2006 11:26 PM

from what I understand, Glen and Linda didn't want any video period. But after many complaints and members begging to allow taping, they looked at solutions and found svp to do it. and yes, TPM does not see a penny of the video fee, they just allow the SVP people there to do their own thing in order to make members happy.