Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lane splitting (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3344)

jose padilla 08-06-2006 09:10 AM

Lane splitting

Alright after the heated debate about lane splitting I decided to post up about what happened yesterday. I have a slavage title bike and decided to take it out yesterday for a ride. I have insurance and I'm waiting for the inspection but got a little impatient and boy are they going to try and make me pay for it. Got busted on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, and got anal slammed with 6 tickets. Registration, Inspection, and Plate, sharing a lane with a vehicle, Passing a vehicle in the same lane, and tail gating. They also towed the bike off the hwy which was cool since they could have impounded the bike.

What I didn't like and what is going to cause me to put in a civilian compliant is that they could have summed up all three tickets with one. Second while they had me pulled over they stopped three other bikes for no F'ing reason whats so ever. They weren't lane splitting or anything and got real nasty, I have never in my life heard a cop talk like that. He must have thought he was back in boot camp. Then they hit one kid with six tickets aswell. I was like WTF??? I can't believe cops can get away with that shit, so I'm going to report his ass.

Now before I get the smart remarks I know I was wronge. Plan and simple I played and so I'm willing to pay. I know better than to ride the bike with out Reg, Plate, and Inspection. Thats why next week I'm going to register the bike in SC. I even expected to get a ticket for lane splitting and would have gladly paid the ticket. However I'm certainly going to fight 3 tickets for basically the same shit. I could careless about the points since I don't even have a NY license, its just the principle.

Oh by the way once I got my bike legal I'm still going to split lanes:lickit:

Cakes206 08-06-2006 10:03 AM

Jose, you're shot man :lol: On the way back from WCW I saw two Harley guys with full dressers lane splitting the whole way down Rt.23 during each red light. The one dude was a lil shakey goin thru, was waitin for him to hit another car :ohmygod:

jose padilla 08-06-2006 11:23 AM

I wasn't really pissed but the guys that got pulled after me were steaming. So I started joking with them before they made the situation worse. Nothing worse then pissing a cop off or in this case pissing the cop off more. So after I got my booklet of summonses, and got my bike towed off the highway. I fired the bike up and got back on the highway splitting lanes the whole way.

Yes I'm president of the moron society but hey I had to get the bike home and I hate sitting in traffic.

High_Revs_17 08-06-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jose padilla
I can't believe cops can get away with that shit, so I'm going to report his ass.

They can't if you don't let them, the only solution is following your course of action. Contact Internal Affairs, be sure to tell them that you were wrong in your actions but the officer's conduct was way out of line and offensive therefore not warranted and you feel he needs to be repremanded and put on sensativity training, also mention you were pshycologically effected by the incident. A cop's job is to enforce the law but also to respect the public no matter what the situation.

jose padilla 08-06-2006 12:41 PM

Thanks for the input. When they pulled me over I was real cool since I knew I was in the wronge but they really took it to far. My friend told me to call 311 and tell them I wanted to make a CCR. I'm assuming thats a Civilian Complaint Report, I'll let you guys know tomorrow what they tell me.

John712 08-06-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the input. When they pulled me over I was real cool since I knew I was in the wronge but they really took it to far. My friend told me to call 311 and tell them I wanted to make a CCR. I'm assuming thats a Civilian Complaint Report, I'll let you guys know tomorrow what they tell me.

i made a civilian report against a police officer about 5 years ago. i never heard anything back but a buddy of mine who is a police officer in another town said they only get something like a star next to their name and when they reach so many stars, or points they have to go to sensativity training for a week or so.

jose padilla 08-06-2006 03:53 PM

Thats cool, I always hate being told to do something I don't want to. So I imagine he will feel the same way. However I have heard that if they get to many then they can get transferred and on some occasions fired. I don't want anyone to lose their job even that officer, however I would like it if he did his job with a lot more professionalism.

Kennedy 08-06-2006 04:04 PM

When you give a complaint to a police officer, it usually gets laughed at :)

jose padilla 08-06-2006 06:39 PM

I don't see how a cop telling someone that they will shoot them as a laughing matter. Whats funny is the low ass qualifications they have to join the NYPD. 2 years of college or 2 years of Honorable Military service, the test is a freaking joke. Which really makes me wonder about the quality of education in NY since alot of people fail it. Also they'll waiver most misdemeanors.

SilverDragon 08-07-2006 10:26 AM

I guess they need a few badasses in their corner.

jose padilla 08-07-2006 05:37 PM

It does explain why some of them come across as thugs rather than police officers.

CuCullin 08-08-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

It does explain why some of them come across as thugs rather than police officers.

You mean because some of them are?

Theres more corrupt cops than most realize are out there.

soda7o 08-08-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

I don't see how a cop telling someone that they will shoot them as a laughing matter. Whats funny is the low ass qualifications they have to join the NYPD. 2 years of college or 2 years of Honorable Military service, the test is a freaking joke. Which really makes me wonder about the quality of education in NY since alot of people fail it. Also they'll waiver most misdemeanors.

corection yu dont have to go to college to be an NYPD anymore.. :) ye si hate pigs yes they get awya with shit.. but keep complaining. .i have a lot of pig friends... alot an dthey say 99% ofthe time they just laugh it off but that 1% is what it is all about.. also you can contact like a news channel liek fox or abc and let them air this out..
i got 5 tickets in SI last year.. and the cop who suposedly clocked me at 90MPH (even tho i did not do less than 130 allthe way thru SI) just curesed at us for liek the first ten minutes.. .than gave us 5 tickets each.. he wa a real duch bag.. .i have a PA license so i dont care either but the cop was a jerk i filled a complaint.. nothign happend but it made the cop more pissed.. he came to court gunning for me and my freind.. we let our lawyer take care of it..

BTW you cannot tailgate while sharing a lane with a car... its really impossible an di think the rules of physics have somethign to do with that

oh yeah if you ever get your biek ready for the road lest ride in brooklyn som etime..

gottaducati 08-08-2006 02:40 PM

i just got back from california and was lane splitting like it was my job cuz traffic out there is just plain stupid. but let me tell you - what a difference. cars actually made room for you to get by. sometimes they even waived you through. it was so nice.
jersey blows balls...

sonny 08-08-2006 03:44 PM

then leave, you wannabe. i doubt you even have a bike. you're prolly a poser