Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stunts "Я" Us (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wheelies (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2625)

gottaducati 05-15-2006 02:12 AM

Wheelies

when was your first time? how did you learn to get it up? who taught you? how long can you hold it...

:P

sonny 05-15-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottaducati
when was your first time? how did you learn to get it up? who taught you? how long can you hold it...

:P

:lickit: :gay:

Hassmaschine 05-15-2006 09:46 AM

I could hold it up from day 1, usually until my arms got tired.. on my first bike, a turbo booooosa.

Rev 05-15-2006 09:47 AM

lmfao...i can't do a wheelie...nor will I ever want too..nor will I ever try...I'll watch though...Most of the peeps on here are track guys...i can count on my one finger how many people here really stunt..Im sure the track guys can hold a wheelie...but they don't like to squid around and chance runing thier bikes..

Mogwai 05-15-2006 10:13 AM

Ha, on my first bike which was a '95 Katana...I think maybe once. But that thing was damn near impossible to wheelie. However, on my 929RR, it wheelies when I don't even want it to...which is awesome. I'll dabble in some stunts here and there.

ImmaSquashYou 05-15-2006 11:26 AM

i try to pop it up by just blipping the throttle. I only got one decent one, was for about 4-5 secs about maybe 1 1/2 high. Tried to use the clutch, but its pretty hard to get used to so i'll start trying after i get the roll on to be decent. One of my friends told me how to do it cause he's a sick bastard and does wheelies at like 102 mph and for like 5 miles. I was riding with him one night, he slowed down and i knew he was going to do a wheelie so i kept going about 75 mph. I didn't see him for a good 2 min, i knew i couldn't cause his headlight was up in the air, so i was afraid somethign might of happened to him when i wasn't looking back so i sltarted to slow down, then i saw light come out of no where and suddenly there he was.

But i have more fun doing stoppies. i think i do it ok, but right now its just brake and back end comes up 1-2 feet and then i don't move newhere. I'm kinda afraid of doing a stoppie where the back end is up while the front wheel is moving. But thats where i eventually wanna get at.

Ant 05-15-2006 11:31 AM

Wheelies = Fun

sonny 05-15-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogwai
Ha, on my first bike which was a '95 Katana...I think maybe once. But that thing was damn near impossible to wheelie. However, on my 929RR, it wheelies when I don't even want it to...which is awesome. I'll dabble in some stunts here and there.

My first bike was a 93. I got the front up a few times on accident.

but yeah those things like to stay on the ground.

gottaducati 05-15-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonny
:lickit: :gay:

?????
whatever . obviously, the way you interpreted this thread exposed your preferences.

gottaducati 05-15-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
he's a sick bastard and does wheelies at like 102 mph and for like 5 miles. .

those kids are out of control. how do you go from riding a wheelie in a parkinglot on a trick bike to 100mph down the parkway on one wheel??....sick

CuCullin 05-15-2006 02:18 PM

I learned how to get it up watching skinemax. First time... mebbe 13. Self taught, and can hold onto it for hours.

Kindve personal question though. :P

shadoxkila 05-15-2006 03:28 PM

i can hit up some wheelies whenever i want just using the gas but i have yet to figure out how to use the clutch.....i used to be really into trying to stunt and shit but i've recently been getting away from that and just want to become a good rider in all situations

High_Revs_17 05-15-2006 03:28 PM

If sportbikes were designed to wheelie they'd be equiped with motard forks. I never enjoyed reducing the amount of contact and control my bike had with the street anymore than I needed to. However there were a few highspeed lifts on a certain rolling backroad that were expected, and they only lasted a few seconds at the most.

akomplis 05-15-2006 03:46 PM

It only happens for me by mistake, 3-5 secs. Overall I dont really stunt never had the urge to....I rather ride, and enjoy it other ways via long rides, twisties, & eventually hit up the track if win this months raffle :lol:....love to watch others though....

gottaducati 05-15-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuCullin
I learned how to get it up watching skinemax. First time... mebbe 13. Self taught, and can hold onto it for hours.

Kindve personal question though. :P

...hilarious. :LOL: