Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   ****Lobster Fest X****Sat 7/28**** (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5449)

Hanz-Solo 07-11-2007 07:29 PM

****Lobster Fest X****Sat 7/28****

**PLEASE READ ALL**

This ride will consist of 4 ride stages around NJ, PA, and NY... In between each stage we shall have about a 30min rest-stop, Which roughly brings us to a total of 6hr ride & stop (depending on pace)... The final destination is Pub 199 for an early dinner... The routes are scenic and fun to ride... This event is meant for all fellow members to come out and enjoy a social setting... The ride usually ends up with 35+ members... I would expect any of you to exercise good judgment and self-control... Be courteous and respectful towards other fellow riders (i.e. don’t do anything stupid that would have us all ticketed)... If you are approached with a concern for your safety and/or other’s, please have an open mind about it... and help us work something out or you will be asked to leave... I’m a reasonable guy, so lets all have us a good time!

Pub 199 MENU: (roughly)
Whole Maine Lobster (1.5lb): $10.00
Whole Maine Lobster (6-8lb): $55.00
New York Steak (20oz): $10.0
Snow Crab: $n/a
King Crab: $n/a
24 Clams: $8.00
24 Clams with Lobster (1.5lb) or Steak (20oz): $16.00
Domestic: $2.25
Import: $3.25
Burgers, chicken... etc.

They take CASH ONLY

THE BREAK DOWN
Date: Saturday, July 28th (Rain-day Sunday, July 29th)
Meet: Abandoned Restaurant by D&D and WCW @ (35 state Route 31 N, Washington, NJ 07882)
Meeting Start: 8:45am
Mandatory Group Meet: 9:15am
Stands up: 9:30AM SHARP
Route: 198 Miles plus 3 x 30min rest-stops.
Destination: Pub199 @ (199 Howard Blvd, Mt Arlington, NJ 07856)
Destination ETA: 4:00pm
Formation: Group Setting (See Note "e")
Pace: Slow to Moderate (See Note "g")

NOTES:
a) Don’t forget your paper work;
b) Pre-check your ride (tire pressure, brakes...etc.);
c) Come with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;
e) Familiarize yourself with group ride etiquette:

- Staggered formation, Group Riding Tips, Common hand signals

http://www.carolinamcevents.com/images/rguide7.gif

f) If u have them, then bring them ==> charged Chatterboxes;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times;

NO WHORING PLEASE!! Post up if you are a 100% "IN", add “pluses” per your entourage head count... PM me if you have any questions that are not covered by this post... Do NOT post your weather predictions... This ride will be confirmed on or about Friday, July 27th...

THE PUB LIST (The cagers!)

Gary + 1
oskarjr

THE RIDE LIST (xx IN ==> 45 MAX)

BoRkA (T)
Bugatti (T)
Elisa (T)
ezo brown (T)
gnp1017 (T)
Hanz-Solo (T/S)
High_Revs_17 (T/S)
IrocRob (T/S)
JimRBlue (T/S)
LightsDarkness (T)
liquiddevil2000 (T/S)
Lurker (T)
motoKIT + 1 (T)
nelsk7750 (T)
PitsVtec
PSYCHO1000R (S)
pwang (T)
Rev
soda70 (T/S)
sprblkbrd 03 (T)
SUE (T)
Throttle
Thumps (T)
TonUpBoy (T)
67GTONUT + 1 (S)

***EDITS***

(1) 07/17/07 - Rain date revised due to conflict with Beginners '07 ride. This date is TBD for a later day.

(2) 07/27/07 - We are a GO for tomorrow... Please make sure you are there by 9:15AM for mandatory group prep!

This ride will commence at 9:30AM SHARP... No waiting for late comers... If you show up late, then you are more than welcome to meet us at Pub199 @ 4pm...

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE BELOW COVERED!

a) Don’t forget your paper work and your riding gear;
b) Pre-check your ride (tire pressure, brakes...etc.);
c) Be ready to roll with a full tank;
d) Bring cash for pub;
e) Familiarize yourself with group ride etiquette:

- Staggered formation, Group Riding Tips, Common hand signals

http://www.carolinamcevents.com/images/rguide7.gif

f) If you have them, then bring them ==> fully charged Chatterboxes;
g) This will not be a motoGP circuit ==> Expect an easy moderate pace, turtlish at times
h) Bring a change of clothes, just in case we get caught in a down pour...
i) Be at the mandatory group prep at 9:15AM.

See you all tomorrow... Safe Ride! :ride:

High_Revs_17 07-11-2007 07:59 PM

I'll be sweeping IN the cage with a two-way radio unless I can grab a bike at some point.

IrocRob 07-11-2007 11:16 PM

You know I'm in....hopefully without the trailer...:doh:

Lucky7 07-12-2007 09:11 AM

Doh. Leaving for Vegas that morning. Seriously I'm destined never to make a Hanni Lobster Ride.

soda7o 07-12-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky7 (Post 71655)
Doh. Leaving for Vegas that morning. Seriously I'm destined never to make a Hanni Lobster Ride.

you can go on the ride an di will go to Vegas for you :)

i might make it.. i might not..i don tknow yet.. or i jus tmight meet you at the pub

liquiddevil2000 07-12-2007 04:32 PM

i should be in for this one...
its warm enough for me!!

JimRBlue 07-13-2007 09:00 PM

In Mr. Hanz!
:nod2:

And Rob.. Lets hope the trailer stays at home for this one! :doh:

causef0rconcern 07-14-2007 08:40 PM

If I'm stateside by then I'm in. But until my feet hit the ground, don't count me in 'cause I have no clue when I'm coming home.

PSYCHO1000R 07-15-2007 12:34 AM

in

67GTONUT 07-15-2007 07:59 AM

OK.... Gonna try and do this, and get to know you guys.....

Count me and a fellow rider from SVRider.com in....

Thanx

Troy

Hanz-Solo 07-17-2007 06:13 AM

Edit/Update:

(1) 07/17/07 - Rain date revised due to conflict with Beginners '07 ride. This date is TBD for a later day.

xstortion 07-19-2007 01:05 PM

This is probably the only date I probably can't make. I may still be able to meet u guys for a little bit though but I am goin to be shooting down to AC on the same day.

Rev 07-19-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 (Post 71634)
I'll be sweeping IN the cage with a two-way radio unless I can grab a bike at some point.

The only sweeping you'll be doing is with a broom....

Countchocula me in....

Hanz-Solo 07-20-2007 09:11 AM

Since the last ride had technical difficulties, I never had a chance to make it to the pub and order me a lobster... Being that by day’s end, I rushed to PA to give my farewells to a colleague that was being deployed to Iraq... So I was thinking to meself about making a double effort here and go for the big kahuna... a 10lber! :drool:

Rev and I are going-in on one... Anyone else interested??? Perhaps we can have us groups of two and an eating contest?!?! I believe we will have to place an advance order if we are to have a few of them... So WHO is brave enough to take a double shoot of cholesterol after a 200 mile day of riding??? :D :D

PS. Bring a bib too... Sandman had ordered one in the past, and the bloody kept spitting back at him!
:lol: :lol:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2807/p5150177dn5.jpg

Throttle 07-20-2007 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Hanz-Solo;72119]

Rev and I are going-in on one...

[
I dont think Crystal will like that .... :moocow: