Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Not sure if this in the right section? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10449)

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-21-2013 12:21 AM

Not sure if this in the right section?

I have been tossing this around for quite a while lately and was wondering how do you sell a motorcycle you don't yet have the title for? Besides that this bike is in mint condition maybe 830 miles in it. If anybody has any experience in doing this or is interested in a 2011 GSXR-1000 with low miles on It,(maybe 880),garage kept,mint condition please let me know. Reason I really don't ride much anymore and if I sell it I can purchase more Ham radio gear.

ImmaSquashYou 04-21-2013 09:37 PM

That's always a tough one. you have to jump through some hoops for that. Either sell it to someone you know, or be prepared to sell it for at least $500-$1000 less than whats being asked for on CL. I personally don't like to deal with it unless its really cheap. Its a lil easier if the finance company is an actual bank that you can go to, like chase or something. otherwise, i would find a way to get the cash to pay off the bike first and then sell it.

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-23-2013 12:17 AM

Yeah I was afraid somebody would say that!!:(

RCM78 04-23-2013 07:36 AM

why dont you have the title? is there a loan against the bike?

Cakes206 04-23-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 113708)
why dont you have the title? is there a loan against the bike?

Not till its paid off.

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-23-2013 11:28 PM

Joe is correct. I'm probably better than half way there because I doubled up a few and send $25.00 more each month. I think I want to sell it and save myself about $318.00 a month and buy some radio gear. It's almost three years old and maybe 800 miles on it?!

RCM78 04-24-2013 07:44 AM

I dont see a problem with buying a bike like that. I personaly would write two checks though. One to the bank to insure the bike gets paid off and another to you for the difference if there is any...

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-24-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 113711)
I dont see a problem with buying a bike like that. I personaly would write two checks though. One to the bank to insure the bike gets paid off and another to you for the difference if there is any...

That's one way of doing it! Oh yeah Sheffield Finance would hunt me down! I would pay them off then buy the radio!!...LOL:nod2::lol:

Ripp53 04-25-2013 02:52 PM

all you have to do is contact the lean holder and have them mail you the forum for the pay off. how much and that stuff then have the new buyer get a bank check for that amount and give you the rest in cash if your sell for more then the pay off is. then sit and wait for them to mail you the title.

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-25-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripp53 (Post 113713)
all you have to do is contact the lean holder and have them mail you the forum for the pay off. how much and that stuff then have the new buyer get a bank check for that amount and give you the rest in cash if your sell for more then the pay off is. then sit and wait for them to mail you the title.

Yeah I think it's worth more than that. It dosen't really have any pings in the headlight.:ride

ImmaSquashYou 04-26-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripp53 (Post 113713)

Correct, but personally there would need to be an incentive for me to do all that versus buying a bike that a person already has the title ready to go. I.E, helping a friend out, or a decent discount in which i'd be willing to go through the hassle. Its almost the same reason why we would wait for items to be shipped to save a few bucks. I know fuzzy is a good guy and wouldn't screw someone over by not handing over the title. But if he wasn't on this forum, and i found him on CL, i wouldn't go through with it even if it saved me $500

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-27-2013 12:12 AM

Thank you for that sir!! No I would NEVER screw anybody I just want to cut it loose and buy a radio. I called up the financial co. That told me I can't get the title unless I pay the bike off. I said gee thanks.:( Like I said unless somebody really trust me or knows me, it's going to sit until I ride it or pay it off. Oh well it was a idea.

IrocRob 04-29-2013 10:11 PM

Mike - you remember what happened the last time you sold your bike? Huh? Do you?

:crackup:

So what's the asking price?

Fuzy_GSXR1000 04-30-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrocRob (Post 113726)
Mike - you remember what happened the last time you sold your bike? Huh? Do you?

:crackup:

So what's the asking price?

Yeah Rob I do lol last I rode this one was last year to see you. Less than 800 miles I think. I honestly just want to talk on the radio. Kelley Blue book says high nines like 98? But we both know I'm not getting that unless I just sit on it the. It will dr appreciate even more.

Fuzy_GSXR1000 05-01-2013 05:47 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Rob are you interested for YOU my friend I would give you a special price!!!! If somebody wanted it I would take 9 grand flat bottom line!!!! If anybody is interested shoot me a pm for telephone numbers if not the bike will sit until I pay it off or sell it I fugure why not sell it to somebody who will ride it!!! IrocRob the K6 that I sold to the kid in my town,they stole it out his driveway!!!! My brother saw his friend last night at a local baseball game can you imagine??!! Very sad story.