Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Got Gear? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   gear-wearing vs squid discussion II (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094)

Marker54 03-16-2006 08:24 PM

gear-wearing vs squid discussion II

I wanted to take a minute and continue the "gear-wearing vs squid" discussion" from a while back.

We know we all wear the lid & jacket.

So who rides with leathers or riding pants??

I was thinking about getting a set, but im not really sure if its necessary.

Long vs short rides? None at all? All the time??

What about riding boots/shit-kickers??

Anybody feel like weighing in on this??

benellis 03-16-2006 08:29 PM

I usually just wear jeans because if I wanted to stop at a 7-11 or anywhere, I'd look goofy with riding pants, I'd like to buy a pair for dedicated "rides", but they are a bit pricey. If it came down to it, I'd rock riding pants:jam2:

FigNewTon 03-16-2006 08:54 PM

Anytime we will be riding aggressively (mountains/canyons) I have either the 1pc or 2pc on. For moderate slow paced rides I will wear jeans.

BurnCycle 03-16-2006 09:52 PM

For the weekend rides I wear the same gear I do for a track day. For the rides into work it’s always at least a helmet, jacket*, boots and gloves

* Kilimanjaro for winter, JR Phoenix for summer and my usual JR leather jacket for mild days.

Rev 03-16-2006 10:56 PM

i just got some sidi boots...and i wear fox racing knee/shin gaurds...when got into my accident...the shin/knee gaurds saved my knees/legs from breaks or road rash..always use em..even if it's a corner store ride...on 600rr.net some guy died 2 blocks fromhis house..hit by a car

Cakes206 03-16-2006 11:16 PM

At the very minimum, all my gear minus the pants. This includes helmet, jacket, gloves, boots. Longer rides the pants get zipped up to the jacket.

Qetesh 03-16-2006 11:35 PM

For me, ALWAYS leather jacket, full face helmet, leather gloves, leather boots and jeans. This is always my gear regardless if it's 70 or 700 degrees ;)

PSYCHO1000R 03-16-2006 11:44 PM

minimum:

-leather jacket
-helmet
-gloves
-boots

id like to get leather pants for when i do more aggressive rides, but for normal day to day rides i always wear what i have above. actually i had to ride with out my jacket and gloves once.. it felt weird, i hated it... although i was lot cooler...

Jake 03-17-2006 12:22 AM

CAMO PANTS are my minimum. I wasn't wearing them when I crashed, so I learned my lesson! :lol:

Kennedy 03-17-2006 03:25 AM

Sussex county riding = two piece suit. Local riding...Jacket/Gloves/Helmet/Boots Minimum. And if its cold. Full leathers.

High_Revs_17 03-17-2006 03:31 AM

Distance has nothing to do with speed and road rash...once can still ride only 10 miles and get off between 40-60mph with some nice rashed thru jeans...why does wearing full gear seem goofy anywhere? It's not goofy, it's neglectful.

HondaGalToo 03-17-2006 06:17 AM

Full gear all the time for me. On the street that means usually the Aerostich (pants and jacket), helmet, boots, gloves. I'd like to get a set of 2 piece leathers for the street. The one piece I use for trackdays is a pain for street riding...

njf4i 03-17-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
i just got some sidi boots...and i wear fox racing knee/shin gaurds...when got into my accident...the shin/knee gaurds saved my knees/legs from breaks or road rash..always use em..even if it's a corner store ride...on 600rr.net some guy died 2 blocks fromhis house..hit by a car

Hey rev i wanted to pick a set of shin/knee guards this year. Where did you get yours and do they fit under your jeans nice?

But i usually wear:
Leather jacket
Leather gloves
shoei full helmet
timberland boots
jeans.

During really really hot days i wear the above except:
schott-pro breathable jacket (picked it up last year at WCW for $130)
alpine star textile gloves.

MrQuickR1 03-17-2006 08:52 AM

Jacket, gloves and of course a helmet....when I went down last year, my $460 jacket tore a little on the sleeve....my jeans just had a little grass stain on em.
I do however plan to wear the pants on the all out rides....kennedy knows how we do it:nod2:

Rock712 03-17-2006 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dude you need a 'Stich!!!! But beware you may not look as good as me in it:LOL: