Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How NOT to get your bike to the track... (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3522)

John712 08-29-2006 08:31 PM

still, creativity at it's best :D

tommymac 08-29-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
And I'm sure if there was an article in the paper about a bike strapped into the back of a car by a ladder going to a TEAM PROMOTION TRACK DAY, fell out on Rt 33 and caused a family in a van to flip their car and die, you wouldn't be giving him props now would you?

Stuf flike that happens to people with trailers too. I know a guy from TSSB lost his TL while going to a pocono day, and I saw a trashed Mille at a local shop that fell off a trailer.

Tom

RonJ83 08-30-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
And I'm sure if there was an article in the paper about a bike strapped into the back of a car by a ladder going to a TEAM PROMOTION TRACK DAY, fell out on Rt 33 and caused a family in a van to flip their car and die, you wouldn't be giving him props now would you?

if that DID happen then i would say RIP to the family, and consider the guy a dumbass for doing it, i still consider him a dumbass but i still give him props for being determined to become a better rider. kinda funny how majority of the here preach "take it to the track" and when some does "take it to the track" by other means they get flamed on.

IrocRob 08-30-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
...Stuf flike that happens to people with trailers too...

I remember someone losing a trailer wheel earlier this
year on the way to Mont-Tremblant, and he didn't even notice...

(That is correct - Yes, I know...)

CBRBob 08-31-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJ83
kinda funny how majority of the here preach "take it to the track" and when some does "take it to the track" by other means they get flamed on.

So if someone brings a bike with tires that have cords showing, we are supposed to support them because they took it to the track? Even they are an idiot for having bald tires? No. If you can't get the bike there properly, then don't.

yetidave 08-31-2006 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrocRob

(That is correct - Yes, I know...)

Cough...cough...Omar....cough...cough

yetidave 08-31-2006 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
So if someone brings a bike with tires that have cords showing, we are supposed to support them because they took it to the track?

Yes. We should pat them on the back and compliment them for being so "extreme".

GinoE 09-02-2006 08:58 AM

this cat is becoming INFAMOUS

AfricanBootyScratcher 09-02-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrocRob

hey, sometimes bad things happen to good people :D
and by the way I did notice SOMETHING was wrong back there, I just didn't know exactly what it was