Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   ****Lobster Fest IX****Sat 05/05**** (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5035)

IrocRob 05-07-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 (Post 67135)
Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya? :ride:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 67176)
The pace was sluggish..don't give yourself too much credit.. :roflmao:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Oh, sorry....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewC (Post 67175)
Thank you to everyone who helped out and if you want your bungees back let me know. It was very nice meeting you all and I am glad everyone made it home safe.

I think the bungees belong to Gustavo aka "biglatino" I'm not sure
if he is on SBA, but he is on TSSB.

CBRBob 05-07-2007 11:06 AM

Sorry to hear of the mishaps, glad all are ok.

Ron, good to hear you rode again. I'll be at CCM this coming weekend, outside both days till noon. Stop by if you wish.

Hanz-Solo 05-07-2007 02:45 PM

Thank you all for coming... and a special thank you to IrocRob for his support and endurance... I am glad most of you had fun and enjoyed the ride despite the unfortunate events... Since I never had the chance to dine at the pub, I will make sure to order the 8-lber next time... You can take that to the press! :P

Well, this was one of the most eventful LF that we ever had... I, for one, don’t believe in superstition and its baloney... However, this Saturday was something out of the ordinary... Apart from having Eric’s breakdown, Shelly & Matt’s lowside, and two nearby “unrelated” motorcycle accidents... it just didn’t stop coming!

One of us didn’t make it home that night :( ... Oskarjr had gotten into an accident by his house on his way back from pub199... He was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital (Bethlehem, PA) where he has been there since Saturday night... Nothing life threatening, but he had sustained a fractured vertebra (3rd on Lumbar from top) and some bruising to his knees... I had the chance, with others, to visit him at the hospital yesterday... He is in good spirit, and he might possibly be out in a few days... There is a good chance he will be wearing a back brace for quite a while... Needless to say, he is definitely out for the season... We do not know the final details of his accident or his bike’s condition... But from what he was told, it appears that he was attempting to make a left turn from a complete stop and a vehicle had rear ended him in the process... He recalls he was by the double yellow lines, so there was enough room for anyone to overtake him on the right... With out speculating on the driver’s condition, we should know everything once he gets hold of the police report...

I wish him the best of luck and speedy recovery... and a safe riding season for the rest of you...

ronin_01r1 05-07-2007 03:08 PM

oh man, feel better soon oskar!

akomplis 05-07-2007 03:14 PM

Wow!!!

Get well Oskarjr...

Be safe out there SBA.

njf4i 05-07-2007 03:41 PM

Get well oskar.

Throttle 05-07-2007 03:47 PM

Holy!! Speedy revcovery!!

High_Revs_17 05-07-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 67176)
The pace was sluggish..

That's what happens when you sit dead last about 5 seconds behind the front of the group all day long. :lol:

Shelly 05-08-2007 09:04 AM

Great ride Hani :) Really had a good time aside from the mishap. Should be healed up soon enough and will be gettin' my bike fixed up as well. Thanks for everyone's good wishes! Will be out again b4 ya know it. Hoping for speedy recovery Oskar! Great to see you in high spirits and lookin' forward to when you're 100%.

akomplis 05-08-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelly (Post 67252)
Great ride Hani :) Really had a good time aside from the mishap. Should be healed up soon enough and will be gettin' my bike fixed up as well. Thanks for everyone's good wishes! Will be out again b4 ya know it. Hoping for speedy recovery Oskar! Great to see you in high spirits and lookin' forward to when you're 100%.

Glad to hear all is well. See you back on the road.

soda7o 05-08-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelly (Post 67252)

glad to hear you are ok.. BTW you odnt need to fix up your bike... Just some zipties and youare good to go.. :)

akomplis 05-08-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o (Post 67270)
glad to hear you are ok.. BTW you odnt need to fix up your bike... Just some zipties and youare good to go.. :)

:lol:

Lurker 05-08-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soda7o (Post 67270)

and J-B Weld. :lol:

soda7o 05-08-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker (Post 67275)
and J-B Weld. :lol:

nah no JB weld necccessary but some crazy glue might help with the broken turn signals..

Bugatti 05-09-2007 12:02 PM

Get better soon Oskar, and back on the road asap.