Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   it's almost like walking (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9387)

Chris 09-29-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher (Post 103302)
did someone say road trip!
it's not like I have anything to do anyway, haha

IN!!!!

AfricanBootyScratcher 10-10-2009 02:26 AM

Had a follow up today, and there was mix of good, expected, and bad.
First the good stuff, the left side is finally showing some significant signs of healing! Not out of the woods yet, but I can start a tiny bit of partial weight bearing with the boot as long as I am careful.
The right side is moving along well as expected, and I start PT next week.
Now the bad suprises, the middle of my back, towards the left side has been sore since the beginning which we attributed mostly to the broken ribs. But now that I've been on crutches for a few weeks, the pain has gotten much worse and started to radiate down and towards the center, so I got a back exam and took some x-rays. Seems as though I have a slight twist in my spine near where the ribs were broke, and my hips are misaligned, hopefully some PT will square it away.

Respect_My_Authorita 10-10-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher (Post 103606)
Had a follow up today, and there was mix of good, expected, and bad.
First the good stuff, the left side is finally showing some significant signs of healing! Not out of the woods yet, but I can start a tiny bit of partial weight bearing with the boot as long as I am careful.
The right side is moving along well as expected, and I start PT next week.
Now the bad suprises, the middle of my back, towards the left side has been sore since the beginning which we attributed mostly to the broken ribs. But now that I've been on crutches for a few weeks, the pain has gotten much worse and started to radiate down and towards the center, so I got a back exam and took some x-rays. Seems as though I have a slight twist in my spine near where the ribs were broke, and my hips are misaligned, hopefully some PT will square it away.

that sucks omar, hope it gets better.

High_Revs_17 10-10-2009 04:20 PM

A well trained PT will definitely help resolve your back issue with massage and strength training. It just seems there's so many different areas of you that need work, they'll have to concentrate on one or two areas at time at first during every visit and you'll be able to do your own exercises at home liberally to get those other problem areas back to normal as well. After your ribs heal you'll be able to see a Chiropractor to help realign your spine due to all the trauma, and walking on crutches alone will throw your back out of alignment so you'll probably need to get that taken care of anyway...keep up the good work man!