Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The worst day of my life (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2955)

PitsVtec 06-20-2006 09:54 AM

Guys I'm sorry to hear about that. Cancer is a silent killer and it is horrible. My great aunt had re-occuring cancer and she is no longer with us, but lived a long wonderful life! I hope that the girls beat it.

soda7o 06-20-2006 11:51 AM

oh man thats sucks.. BIG TIME
sorry to hear that
Stay strong the two of yous, fight it head on
BTW on a positive note i have known
poeple that had kids after kimo

Kennedy 06-20-2006 12:12 PM

Consultation was today, surgeon was 45 minutes late with no apology, papers all over her desk. Time for a second opinion.

Blitz:

How bad is the cancer? My mother found the lump in one of the ducts in the breast. Which is what I've been told is very hard to spread out of that duct. So it may be the same way with your girlfriend?

You are also correct blitz during a full mastectomy they remove the breast and the nipple and it is not saved. Even after reconstruction AND implants there will be a breast but no nipple.

In my mothers case fortunatly enough for us it has not spread throughout her breast and we may be able to get away with a partial mastectomy and make a larger incision to remove the tissue that surrounded the lump and take some medication without radiology therapy or Kemo.

How are your thoughts on this doctor? Someone may have a better route. Being that I don't know the severity of your girlfriend's case I can't really give to much input here. If worst comes to worst and Kemo and a full mastectomy is the only option I suggest you take a look at Sloan - Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. They are a more technologically advanced hospital and alot of their practice focuses on the individual cancer patient. The downside to this hospital is that alot of their research is still experimental.

My family has decided to go for the MRI that the surgeon has suggested and then depending on the results of the MRI (to see if the cancer has spread to other areas of the breast) go for a second opinion. Albeit this surgeon may be very good and know what she is doing in the OR, when it comes time to patient care concern and understanding she needs to go back to the social interaction classes of her medical school.

jcblitz 06-20-2006 12:28 PM

We have no idea of the severity yet. It's 2 malignant golf ball sized lumps on her right breast and that's all we know so far and because of the distance between them, a full masecotmy is the best choice. She's going for her MRI, bone scan, and some other tests on Thursday to make sure it's not in any other area's of her body, but the doctor feels it will come back fine. The doctor seems great, he even stayed an hour after his office hours to wait for us to get there. But I didn't particular like him though, but that's just because of the state I was in...I was ready to kill everyone in a 20 mile radius. I almost got up and left the consultation at least 4 times. My mom also recommended we check out Sloan - Kettering but I'm waiting until Thursday to see what's actually going on before I start reaching out.

And best wishes for you and your mom, we're pulling for her.

ronin_01r1 06-20-2006 12:52 PM

try to stay positive. hope you two make it through this!

SilverDragon 06-20-2006 12:58 PM

I wish you guys much strength of mind, body and spirit. It sucks that it seems we get to hear these news so often these days. It's something hard to go through, but we get to grow through them too. This reminds me that I need to start praying again. I'll be sure to include you guys in my prayers. Keep a positive ming as many have said. A smile is a strong weapon. Good luck.

soda7o 06-20-2006 12:59 PM

yeah sloane cattering is one of the best for cancer.. mymoms used ot work there...

akomplis 06-20-2006 06:24 PM

Sorry to hear JC....Wishing/Praying your fiancee has a full recovery and strength to carry on and get thru this. Keep your head up and be strong for you and her. Hope all works out well.

Hanz-Solo 06-20-2006 09:21 PM

oh my god, I am shell shocked... JC & Ken I am sorry to hear... My prayers to both... be strong... be positive... and let there be light beyond this darkness...

PSYCHO1000R 06-20-2006 10:57 PM

Sloan - Kettering is supposed top be one of the top in the nation, if not THE top, Lehigh is also a very good cancer facility, i remember spending countless days there while my mom had to get her chemo done. I hate thinking about it. If you need any contact numbers PM me.

hang in there man, and for the record, I hate all doctors after dealing with what we had to go through, so i understand what u mean, every doctor gives U differnt opinions, make sure u gys get second opinions!!!

Kennedy 06-21-2006 12:44 AM

Definatly getting a second opinion thanks guys.